Dabi

(A/n: lowkey starting to simp for Dabi... at first I was like 'nah' but now I'm like 'okay... maybe'. Also this is one of my longest, probably the longest, chapters I've written. I had a lot of fun with this so I'm probably gonna do more like this :)))

Dabi chased after you, calling out your name while struggling to pull his pants up. He caught up to you when you were at the door and put a hand on your shoulder. You harshly shook and it off and whipped around, glaring at him with tears rapidly falling down your cheeks.

"Please listen to me-"

"No! Fuck no! Why the hell should I listen to you when you were about to fuck some random bitch?!" You ignored your tears and clenched your fists to keep yourself from hitting him. Dabi saw your hands and his heart broke more.

"Little mouse-" he stepped closer and grabbed your hands but you fought him off once again. This time you harshly pushed him away from you.

"Don't call me that! I... I fucking love you and this is the shit you do to me?!" You looked Dabi in the eyes one more time. He was at a loss for words. You said you love him, which is something neither of you have told each other yet. He hated what he did and hated that this is the time you said it. He wanted to say it back so bad, but knew you wouldn't believe him. So, he stayed silent. You wish he would've said something, but he didn't. His silence was the last thing you needed to leave. Without another word, you stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind you. Dabi stared at the door in disbelief, not moving an inch of his body. The girl he was about cheat on you with walked to Dabi to see what was happening. Before she could get a word out, he killed her. Realization was hitting Dabi harder and harder as he fell to his knees and started hyperventilating. He leaned forward, pressing his forehead to the floor and let out a yell of frustration, guilt, and agony while gripping his hair tightly. Everyone heard the commotion caused by the two of you but nobody had the guts to say anything.

Almost a week after that, you started coughing up individual petals. They looked like rose petals. Their color was the same shade as Dabi's fire and they had black gradient tips. You drew different variants of what you think the flower could look like based off the petals. Each time you did, your throat would get scratchy and you'd cough up more petals than usual so you stopped. This went on for weeks, you coughed random petals when you thought of Dabi or when you drew the flower, sometimes it just happened out of nowhere. You did a pretty good job of hiding it though. This just added onto your list of insecurities and made you even more upset.

Then one day, the amount of petals you cough up doubled. Instead of coming out individually, they came out in pairs. That also happened to be the time you started thinking about Dabi more and how he would help you handle the situation. You slowly stopped going out as much and the petals began coming out in greater numbers. You could see yourself getting paler and you looked more tired than usual. The coughing keeps you up at night and wakes you up out of your sleep so you don't get as much rest anymore. Your throat is always sore so you barely speak. Cough drops barely help. One day you actually coughed up a flower. It wasn't big, it was a little small, but it still hurt and was covered in blood when it came out. Then another flower a few days later, it was just a bit bigger than the first flower, a little more bloody. You washed the flowers off and put them in vase you had laying around. They were truly beautiful flowers, you just wish the way you got them was different.

Meanwhile, Dabi couldn't keep his mind off of you. He smoke and drank more. He became more irritable and merciless. He couldn't do anything without thinks about you and the expression you had on your face that day. He tries to drink the pain away but it doesn't work. So he wakes up with a hangover and just stays in his room, regretting hurting you. He can often be heard yelling or talking bad about himself, mainly him saying how stupid he is for what he did. He wish he could cry because it would make him feel better, but sadly he can't because of his burns.