Soul Evans

"Soul... c'mon man... just work with... me here..." I grunted trying to pick him up. He had passed out in the middle of the hallway after pulling an all nighter with Black Star. Maka was in the library, Tsubaki was helping Black Star, and Kid, along with Liz and Patty, were shinigami knows where.

"Soul... please. Help me out..." I managed to sit him up and lean him against a wall. With a small sigh, I stretched trying to get myself ready to stand him up.

"Y/n..." he whispered, "Come closer..." he whispered again.

"This better be important. I'm not sure how much patience I have left."

"It can wait..." he shuddered, remembering the last time he wasted my time.

I readied myself and squatted so I could put his arm on my shoulder to support him. He actually did most of the work when it came to standing. Once he was up, damn near all his weight was on me and I almost fell over.

"Where are we going?" I asked and got no answer. Instead, there were small snores in my ear. I smiled and began to drag him to my apartment, which was the closest place to the school. It didn't take us long to get there but it took a shit ton of energy. Once we got inside, I pushed him onto the couch, where he could sleep. He immediately curled up and held one of my couch pillows. It was a pretty adorable sight to see. I turned on the TV and sat on the other couch. My body ached from carrying Soul up the stairs to my apartment. Without realizing it, I had fallen asleep.

"Y/n..." I heard my name being called. I jolted awake because I thought it was my parents until I heard my name again but recognized the voice. Soul was talking in his sleep.

He's so adorable when he's asleep.

I nudged him just to make sure he was okay. He woke up and rubbed his eyes.

"Hey there octopus head. How are ya?"

"I... what? Where am I?"

"You're in my apartment. You passed out in the hallway and there was no point in bringing you to class. Plus my apartment is closer than yours so yeah..."

"Oh, well thanks."

"Of course. So... why were you calling my name in your sleep?"

"I-I wasn't calling your name. A guy like me is too cool for something as corny as that." He blushed.

"Alright then. Well... I have a mission I need to go on, you and Maka can come if you want."

"That sounds cool. I'll tell Maka."

*during the mission*

"How the hell did we get separated? I don't think it's possible for me to wield you... geez..."

"Calm down, I'm sure we can figure something out. After all, you got the coolest weapon in the academy with you." Just then a kishin appeared in front of us.

"Damn. Soul, we're gonna have to at least try. Please... uh... this is so awkward... umm transform?" He chuckled and took on his weapon form. I inhaled deeply and picked him up with all my might. He was actually pretty light.

"How the hell- this doesn't matter right now. This kishin is gonna die today!" I dashed at the kishin with soul in my hands and effortlessly swung him.

*30 minutes into the fight*

Soul began to get heavy and I tripped while trying to swing him. His handle started burning and my body was aching too much. I layed on the ground, not worried about the kishin because we managed to subdue it.

"I can't do this anymore... you're too heavy and my hands burn every time I touch you..." I huffed

"You can do it Y/n. I know you can get up."

"Soul, I can't. We're just going to have to die."

"This isn't the Y/n I know."

"Then I'm afraid you don't know me at all."

"Y/n, I know you can do it. You never give up, that's why I fell in love with you. Nobody's caught my eye like this before. And I care about you too much to let you give up like this. Plus you're strong, cool, and good looking, just like me. I've seen how badass you are own your missions and I'll be damned if you aren't just a cool on this one. Now get your ass up and kill this bastard!"

"Heh, thanks Soul." I sat up and looked into the blade to see him staring at me.

"Glad I could talk some sense into you."

I picked him up and used my second wind to kill the kishin and take it's soul. Once that was over, we found our way back to Maka and my weapon. During our walk, we had a long conversation about what he said during the fight.

"So you really meant it?" I asked him for the millionth, yet last, time.

"Of course I did. You're an angel. And cool guys like me love girls like you." He responded. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me close.

"Well cool guy, I like you too. Let's be cool together."

"Hell yeah!" He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. From that day forward me and Soul were inseparable and always had each other's back. Also we were inevitably the coolest couple in the academy.