Zombieman

Zombieman and Child Emperor strolled the street on the way to the shop you worked at. Child Emperor never really gets out but when he does he comes to see you. Zombieman is usually just always working and your shop happens to sell coffee so he became a regular. They thought it was going to be a peaceful visit but got a call from the association requesting any nearby heroes to help with a monster problem and the problem just so happened to be at your shop. They rushed over and saw the front being guarded by monsters, there were still civilians inside. Child emperor sent one of his robots to swiftly take care of the monsters outside. That fortunately caught the attention of the monster inside and made him leave the building to see what was going on. Zombieman took this chance and shot the monster right between the eyes before cutting it's head off when it didn't die. He walked into the shop to make sure everyone was okay when two more monsters came in from the back. Everyone ran out as Zombieman simultaneously shot both of them before swinging his axe and chopping them up.

He looked around to see the damage of the shop, it was fine for the most part save for the blood and broken tables and a few broken shelves. Everyone was okay too, job well done. He turned around to see you dusting yourself off  with a nonchalant attitude.

"Why didn't you run out?" He asked, leaning on the counter in front of you.

"Oh please. This isn't the first time this has happened. You of all people should know," you grinned, "Especially since that was reason for your first time saving me."

"Oh you remember that?"

"A girl never forgets the first time her hero saves her," you teased. He rested his chin on his hand and stared up at you lovingly, "You want the usual?"

"Of course." He said without a second thought.

"Coming right up," You turned around and prepared his order, "Where's Child Emperor? I haven't seen him in a while and that candy he wanted finally came in. And I miss him." You pouted a bit while pouring his drink.

"He should be right- oh there he is." Zombieman waved for him to come in.

"He's here?!" You whipped your head around and saw your other favorite hero in the doorway. Both of you grinned ear to ear before you ran up to him and hugged him, "I heard about your last mission! I'm so glad you're okay," you pulled back and gave him a sympathetic smile, "You did awesome helping all those people. I'm so proud of you," You ruffled his hair as he smiled bashfully. He really appreciated your words, "Oh and that candy you've been asking for finally came in. I'll get it for you after I finish his order okay?" He nodded and pulled up a stool next to Zombieman. After you placed his drink and sandwich down you went to the back to get the candy you saved for Child Emperor.

"You have to tell her. Now's the best time." Child Emperor hit Zombieman in the shoulder to get his attention.

"Right. I'm gonna do it kid. Don't worry."

"Sorry Mr.Zombieman but that's what you said last time and you chickened out." Zombieman choked on his drink a bit, kinda embarrassed he remembered that. He set down his cup and looked down at his colleague.

"I'll do it as soon as she comes back." He said with a look of determination, Child Emperor nodded before turning his attention to you walking out with a medium sized box.

He opened it up and saw the candy he had been dreaming about for a few weeks now. He grabbed a bar and opened before casually saying, "Mr.Zombieman has something he wants to ask you."

Zombieman's face went blank as he slowly turned to make eye contact with you. He had a nervous smile and cleared his throat when you raised an eyebrow, "I was uh.. wondering if you'd like to go out with- go to a nice restaurant with me tonight." He tried his best not to be so awkward, you found it cute.

"Are you asking me out on a date, Mr.Zombieman?" You leaned forward on the counter with an intrigued grin. He blushed a little and glanced away then looked back at you.

"Yeah. I am." He was more confident now.

"I'd love to. What time are you picking me up?"

"Is 7 good?" You nodded and gave him a peck on the cheek as you stood back up.

"See I told you she'd say yes." Child Emperor grinned at Zombiman.

"Whatever kid." He rolled his eyes and pulled out five dollars from his pocket and handed it to his companion. You laughed a bit to yourself before fixing yourself something to drink while you waited on more customers or someone to clean up the monster chunks at the back exit.