Nagisa Shiota

I looked at myself in the mirror in disgust. The dress I was wearing seemed too tight and exaggerated each roll on my chubby/curvy body. The black, short sleeved, knee length dress was beautiful itself, I just didn't look good in it. My once somewhat high confidence tanked and tears started filling my eyes. I held them back hearing my friend, Kayano (A/n: she isn't in love with him in this), knocked on my room door. I unlocked the door and let her come in. She looked at me and smiled widely.

"You look amazing! Nagisa is going to love it!"

"I don't know Kayano. It just doesn't look good on me. I mean look at this," I pointed at my various rolls, "He's gonna regret asking me to go on a date with him after seeing this."

"How do you know if he hasn't even seen you yet?"

"... I just do." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Come on. I'll be nearby just in case, I promise."

"Fine. If it'll get you to leave me alone about this I'll do it."

*at the restaurant*

We walked into the restaurant and immediately saw Nagisa. He looked up from the menu and flashed a nice smile at me. I nervously smiled back as my body froze. He stood up and walked over to me and Kayano. The closer he got, the more I backed away. He took a few more steps toward us and I turned around and bolted out of the restaurant. Both of them were calling my name but I ignored them and continued to run. I managed to make it to a bridge and stopped. There were no cars out in the area so I wasn't worried. A huge sigh left my mouth as I took off my shoes and leaned on the rail. A few tears rolled down my cheeks as my mind processed what happened. My head was buried in my arms as the tears wouldn't stop falling. 15 minutes later I stopped crying and stared up at the stars. They calmed me down. Nagisa crossed my mind more than a few times as it wandered. 15 more minutes later, it sounded like Nagisa was calling my name. I thought it was a hallucination so I ignored it. But then I kept hearing it. By now, I was confused as I looked around only to see Nagisa running toward me. There was no energy left in my body, so lucky for him, he didn't have to chase me. Nagisa ran up to me and panted when he reached me. He did the same as me and leaned on the rail.

"Wow... this is pretty far. You're really fast..." he huffed. Once he caught his breath, he gazed at me while my eyes scanned the stars.

"Um, is there something in my hair...?" He thought I didn't notice and looked away flustered.

"N-no. It's just that, I can tell you've been crying and... you still look beautiful." He admitted without looking at me. My head whipped around to look at Nagisa. His face was lit up by the moonlight and his cheeks were a deep red.

"You think I look beautiful?"

"Yeah. I mean, you are beautiful... and kind, and caring, and funny. You're just... so loveable and dreamy." He turned and looked me in the eyes

"Nagisa, do you mean all that? Like, genuinely?" He nodded and I unconsciously hugged him. I buried my face in his shoulder and balled my eyes out. Nagisa rubbed my back and whispered reassuring words in my ears to make me calm down. He nuzzled into my shoulder