Karma Akabane

Rumors suck. Especially when it's about you, a lover, a family member, etc. Unfortunately for you, there was a rumor being spread about your boyfriend. Rumor has it that Karma cheated on you with some girl from one of the upper classes. It was really spread to embarrass the girl, but ended up affecting all three of you. The rumor was nothing but rumor though, Karma has been and still is faithful to you. But after hearing the rumor, you've started having your doubts. Everytime you walk by people, they laugh and snicker and not just because you're in 3-E and bigger than everyone else. The constant snickering and pointing and actually hearing what they're saying even though they think they're whispering, was draining you mentally. Your mind was always on the rumor and you were constantly going back and forth with yourself about whether he was cheating or not.

You just wanted to be alone and think for a while, but that's damn near impossible. You tried to make it happen though, you began distancing yourself from everyone, including Karma. The class understood for the most part. Karma did too, but he wouldn't leave you alone. So you started growing even more distant with him. It hurt him, he didn't know how to approach the situation without coming off crazy. But he didn't want to lose you because of some dumb rumor. He'd be devastated if your relationship ended because of something so childish.

He spent the next few days, thinking of how he'll talk to you about. He got advice from Nagisa and the other's of course and tried to think of how to apply to his plan. Even though you were basically ignoring him, he stayed by your side. You two would either sit in silence or he'd just talk to you, really just think out loud. The small smile you'd crack when he said something funny gave him a little hope and relief.

Anyhow, today was just like any other day. Karma was walking home with you, thinking out loud and giving compliments and saying things to fluster you. He'd take a glance just to see your face and gushes internally, thinking you're adorable. While you two sat on the train, so upper class students were snickering and pointing at you two, whispering quite loudly about the rumor. You just sighed and hugged your bag close to your chest, trying not to give them the satisfaction of your hurt expression. Karma decided that this was the right time to say what he's been thinking for a while, he'll take care of those upperclassmen afterwards. He called your name and turned to you, meeting your glossy eyed glaze. Karma got nervous seeing the pain in your eyes. He took your hands and gave them a light squeeze, rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb. He took a deep breath, feeling his courage coming back.

"Do you really believe that rumor? That I'd go behind your back and do sometimes like that?" His voice wavered. You looked to the side, breaking the eye contact. He cupped your cheeks, "Y/n..." you spared him a quick glance and nodded a little with hot cheeks. He sighed and gave you a soft kiss on your forehead, "I'd never hurt you like that. Risk this beautiful thing I have with you over someone like that? Yeah right. I wouldn't give this up for anything. You're the only one for me. I wouldn't even dare letting go of you. You mean more than you know to me Y/n. And I couldn't betray you in anyway if my life depended on it." He gave your forehead another soft kiss, this time he rested his chin on the top of your head. He was his arms around your shoulders and rubbed your back. You allowed yourself to get comfortable and loosely wrapped your arms around his torso.

"Sorry for ignoring you like that." You spoke lowly but he still heard. He smiled and pulled you a little closer.

"Don't worry about it," the train finally got to your stop. You, Karma, and the upperclassmen all got out. Karma noticed and was feeling even more confident after getting you back. He stopped walking, which stopped you. You went to say something, but you already knew what he was going to do. He gave you a smile, "Give me five minutes. I have to go take care of something." You just nodded and giggled a little, not even bothering to stop him.