Kafka Hibino

(A/n: please I love him with all my heart he's wholesome for what-)

'Why am I the one who's always getting into situations like this?' You groaned internally while running around a ruined district you and your unit had been tasked with cleaning up. All of you were under the impression the Kaiju had been taken care of but it suddenly woke up again and your unit was separated. Being apart of the cleaning crew, there was no way you'd be able to take on the kaiju. Not only that, the flying debris from the Kaiju's revival hit you in the shoulder and side, tearing your suit and cutting you pretty badly.

You ran in search of some kind of shelter you could stay in until the Defense Force found their way to the scene.

'Lucky Kafka. He got to miss out on this now that he's on the force,' You were a bit resentful, but in all honesty it's probably worse to be on the force. At least they don't have to go through gigantic monster guts. As you ran you zoned out until you came across a shipping container, you figured it'd be safer in there than running around. That was until you realized you could see the Kaiju and the infamous Kaiju no. 8 having a showdown, 'Just my luck.' You gulped and took a step back and ended up causing some debris to fall and catch both their attention.

"Oh shit..." you whispered to yourself, petrified with fear after seeing the larger Kaiju head towards you. Before you broke out into a run you heard a familiar voice calling your name and telling you to run. It didn't really matter right now, you had to get out of there or at least into some kind of shelter. A huge crash caught your attention and the rumbling of the ground caused you to look back and see the infamous Kaiju standing over it's opponent. As long as their eyes weren't on you everything was fine, so you kept running and eventually made it to a shipping container. Unfortunately there was a lot of broken glass and metal and concrete debris in there but as long as you were quiet and still things would be okay. The air went still, everything around you was quite save for heavy footsteps coming your way. You held a hand over your mouth and a hand over your side as you tried to stop your loud breathing and the hyperventilating from crying. You shut your eyes as tight as you could, trying to keep calm and ignore whatever was coming your way.

All of a sudden the door to the container was quickly opened and you looked to see the infamous Kaiju number 8 standing in the doorway. Your body shook as you backed up slowly, stepping on glass and tearing your suit on the metals rods sticking out the concrete.

"Y/n-" the Kaiju spoke before the ground shook and caused you to fall into the side of the container and cut one of your hands pretty deep.

'Why? Why? Why? Why me?' Everything around you started spinning, you were too overwhelmed.

"Sorry about that. I'm-" Before you knew it the Kaiju was back. It's words no longer reached you. But you didn't care anymore, you were about to pass out from exhaustion and blood loss. As you started to lose consciousness, you heard Kafka's voice calling your name again.

A day later

'What the hell... how did I get to a hospital...?' You slowly sat up and squinted your eyes at the bright light. Your eyes checked your injured hand, it had been wrapped in bandages, so was your side and shoulder. As you tried to remember your encounter with the Kaijus, your room door opened.

Kafka walked in with a small tint of blush on cheeks and a slightly embarrassed look on his face. He seemed a bit annoyed, you heard him talking to someone before he walked in. He scratched the back of his neck as he mumbled something to himself and didn't realize you were awake. Kafka paused with a confused smile on his face, prompting you to raise an eyebrow.

"Did you hear any of that?" He pointed to the door.

"No?" You glanced to the side before looking back at him. He let out a relieved sigh before sitting in the chair next to your bed.

"These are for you," he handed you the flowers, you hesitantly grabbed them, "They said you wouldn't be up for another day. I'm glad you woke up earlier than expected though." He mentioned.

"Kafka... two nights ago... I was caught in the middle of a fight between two Kaiju, one of them was the one they keep showing on the news..." You paused and tried to make things make sense in your head before speaking, "I heard your voice, coming from that Kaiju. I know the force went to the scene but none of them were there..." You shifted positions and looked at Kafka with furrowed brows and suspicion, "You wanna tell me what the hell that was all about?! Because it approached me and was using your voice or something and-"

"It was me. I'm the Kaiju." His statement cut your tangent short and you stared at him and tried to process the information. For some reason you believed him, now it all makes sense and you understood how you got to the hospital.

"Th... thanks for saving me then." It was pretty awkward in the room now, you're not sure why, it just was.

"I still need to take you out on that date. I can explain everything then. And I hope it can make up for scaring you so bad," he gave a closed eye smile and scratched the back of his neck before getting flustered, " Only if you want to of course. Don't feel obligated to. I understand if yo-"

"I'm down. As soon as I get out of here I'd love to go on that date... as long as you're the only Kaiju involved." You grinned. Kafka calmed down and now had a smile of confidence plastered on his face.

"Of course. I'll pick you up at 8?" You nodded. After briefly planning the date he began catching up with you and filling you in on his journey to be on the defense force and other fun things.