Clavis

Clavis held onto you as you tripped and stumbled. He held you up and made sure that you were balance wasn't off. He sighed, with his usual smile on his face, as he wondered how you got here. He sees you quite a bit but you've never came in this state. He wondered how you had gotten sick and was a little worried about you. You swayed and leaned over to keep the room from spinning.

"Clavis. Slow down a bit... my stomach hurts... so bad... room... spinning." You began falling forward again. Clavis caught you before your face crashed into the ground once again. He leaned you against a wall only for you to fall into him. You were unconscious at this point. He brought you to your room and set you down in your bed.

Clavis vowed to stay by your side until you woke up again. He brought up all kinds of medicine, things to keep you occupied, since you tend to wander, fresh blankets, cloths to regulate your body temperature, etc. He cares deeply about your and wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't stay with you and nurse you back to health. After about an hour or so, you woke up with a headache. Clavis was still by your side and you couldn't tell if he was asleep or not, it was a little creepy that he was still smiling. You weakly reached you hand out to nudge him. His hands were warmer than you expected. He squeezed your pudgy hand back and placed his other hand on your cheek.

"You finally woke up."

"Huh... why aren't you with Nona?"

"Because you were sick. I couldn't just leave you to your own devices. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't help or if something happened to you and I could've prevented it."

"Oh... well thanks. So who's doing your job if you're here? You need to work-"

"I have my ways. Besides, you're more important."

"I-I am?"

"Yes. Way more. You mean everything to me. I can't just leave you alone like this. Being in your presence soothes me. You make me feel something I've never felt before."

"Wow. If *cough* I wasn't so sick I'd *cough* kiss you," You chuckled which was a bad idea because you went into a coughing fit. Clavis sat you up and helped you drink a bit of water to soothe your throat, "Thanks."

"Of course. So does that mean you feel the same?" He asked hopefully

"Sure *cough* does."

You two sat in silence, if you don't pay attention to the wheezing and coughing, for a few minutes, holding each other's hands.

"How did you get sick anyway?"

"I might've been drunk and *cough* was dancing in the rain like someone in *cough* a music video. I say might've because *cough* I don't remember to well. That's just what 'witnesses' say." You tried to smile without dying. Clavis laughed and patted your head. He stayed with you the entire time you were bedridden, not complaining a single bit about taking care of you. It actually brought you two closer and he loved every second of it.