Mizuki (OC)

"Mizuki, you do realize if we go through that shortcut I found, we'd get to town quicker? We'll save about 30 minutes, just give it a chance." I nudged my childhood bestfriend on his arm

"Fine. But only because you won't stop bothering me about it."

"Yes! I knew you'd come around! You won't regret it!" I cheered and pulled his along.

*coming back from town*

We walked back to our homes, using the shortcut of course, and saw a carriage in front of our houses. Some important looking people and our parents were talking nearby with some packed luggage at their feet. We decided to walk over and listen to the conversation.

"Ah, he's finally here. Would you like to tell him or would you like us to tell him." One of the important looking people asked Mizuki's parents. Mizuki's dad stepped forward and stood in front of us.

"I'll do it. Son, we never told you this but your uncle is the emperor. He's decided to step down from his place and he has no children. He's been very understanding about my condition and hasn't forced me to take his place. So, you are now the emperor. Your bags are already packed and you leave today."

"I- wow... I... I have to go now?"

"Yes, my son. It will be fine. Me and your mother were not made for the royal life nor do we desire it. But, we will be right here whenever you need us. Now, please, don't keep these kind people waiting."

Mizuki turned to me with a solemn face.

"You'll be fine, I know you will. You always used to say you'd be the emperor one day Who would've guessed you'd be right? Well," I pulled him into a hug. "Have fun, and try not forget about, okay? And maybe invite me to the palace from time to time, alright?"

"Y-you can't come with me?" He asked with a tear streaming down his cheek

"Aw Mizu, don't cry. I'll find away in there, even if I have to break in," he chuckled at my joke, "but seriously, go. You deserve this... plus, we're only 17 (go with it), we still have a lot time to see each other and hang out." He nodded and smiled at me. Mizuki turned around and climbed into the carriage.

*4 years later*

Mizuki went through about a year or two of training, I guess you can call it that, to become the emperor. He picked up everything pretty quickly. When he wasn't signing papers, making deals, or training, he invited me to the palace to hang out. Today was one of those days. He ended up having a surprise meeting with one of his royal advisers. I left the room to be respectful because it seemed important. I heard him yelling about something but I didn't think anything of it. Since I wasn't talking to him, I kinda took it upon myself and explored the palace while eating an apple. I ended up making my way to the throne room and saw Mizuki talking to his adviser as 5 women stood in front of him. He looked flustered and confused, which made me laugh a bit.

"Her! That's my bride!" His sudden outburst caused me to choke on my apple and he ran to me and patted my back.

"Mizuki what the-"

"My lord, are you sure-" the adviser started to speak

"Don't question me on this! Yes I'm sure!"

"Well, I'll start the neccessary preparations now." His adviser left. Before I could say anything, Mizuki interrupted me.

"I know this all caught you by surprise but please just go with it. I don't like any of the women up there."

"Mizuki... you do know this means we have to get married and you know how I feel about wearing formal clothes like that... just find another group of women or something."