Inosuke Hashibira

Inosuke was antagonizing Zenitsu and Tanjiro as usual. You lovingly gazed at your boyfriend and laughed at what was happening. It was pretty funny, but you wanted his attention. So, to liberate the other two and to calm your boyfriend down and spend time with him for the day, you called out to him.

"Inosuke," you weren't very far so you didn't have to yell at the top of your lungs. Inosuke immediately turned his attention toward you and responded with a grunt. You grinned, getting an idea of how to keep his attention for long, "Come here." You motioned your hand for him to come to you.

He completely forgot about Tanjiro and Zenitsu who were grateful for what you did. They both mouthed 'thank you' and did their own thing. Inosuke stood in front of you and took his mask off and put his hands on hips.

"Yeah?"

"Give me a hug, Ino." You opened your arms. Inosuke tilted his head, perplexed by what you were asking of him.

"A what?" His confused expression contorted into a suspicious one, "Is that a challenge? You tryna fight me?" You giggled and stood up.

"This, Ino," you wrapped your arms around his torso and rested your head on his chest. He was still confused but even more so now, "We have a lot of work to do." You weren't that surprised by his confusion. The first time you cuddled up to him, he had no idea what was going on and pulled you on top of him. You tried explaining to him that you were cuddling him because you were cold and that you just wanted to be closer to him. That was just a weird night. Anyway, you spent the rest of the day trying explain to him what affection is and how to show it.

This unexpectedly turned into a long project. He was struggling a bit but you could tell he was trying. Inosuke was determined to learn how to show you affection, even if he didn't completely understand what it was. He was getting much better at it, to your surprise. He figured out how to hug you without using all of his strength and making you fight him off of you. Now, he's gentle when he handles you. Even when he picks you up out of nowhere. He's also improved on holding hands. Now you don't have to remind him to loosen his grip when he's holding your hand. He's more gentle with it.

After working on hugs, you worked on cuddles. He never knew how to cuddle or hold you at first. He didn't even know where to begin. You helped him out by showing him your favorite position and how you like to be held. You hoped that he would use some of his knowledge from hugging you to help him cuddle you if hadn't forgotten already. Inosuke did the opposite of what you expected him to, he cuddled you. And he was doing a good job of it too. You were going to congratulate him, but ended up falling asleep in his arms. He loved how peaceful you looked when you slept. He was also proud that he managed to get you to fall asleep so quickly.

The next day, after you woke up, Inosuke was nowhere to be found. He wasn't holding you anymore and you were saddened by this. Even though you were a little sad, you carried on with your day, confident that he'd pop up some time later. You ate breakfast then went out to the pond of the mansion. You giggled to yourself remembering the time Inosuke 'fixed' his swords with a rock. Anyway, you saw Tanjiro sitting at the edge of the pond and decided to go talk to him.

"Tanjiro, I need some advice. I would ask Zenitsu but you know how he is." You sat next to Tanjiro who was pleasantly smiling, waiting for you to get comfortable.

"What's on your mind?"

"Well, I've been teaching Inosuke how to be more 'human' and how to show affection. And we have cuddling, hugs, and hand holding down, the last thing I can think of is kissing. Should I wait to introduce him to that? Do you think he'll be able to comprehend it?"

"I think-"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING GOMPACHIRO?!" Inosuke appeared out of nowhere, which you knew would happen. Both of you stood up and moved to avoid him tackling Tanjiro into the pond. He charged at Tanjiro and almost got him, but he moved out of the way last minute. Inosuke reset himself, ready to charge again. Before he could, you rushed and stood in front of him.

"Inosuke it's okay. I was just asking him a question," he was still focused on Tanjiro, "Hey. Look at me," you snapped in his face. Inosuke took his mask off and looked into your eyes, waiting for you to finish, "I only asked him a question. Don't worry." You held your hands up and slowly stepped toward him. Inosuke unexpectedly pulled you into his chest and glared over your shoulder at Tanjiro.

"Mine," He grunted and Tanjiro got the message. He smiled awkwardly and nodded as he left. A small laugh escaped your mouth causing Inosuke to look at you in confusion, "What?"

"Nothing. You're just so cute when you're protective," you kissed his cheek and he stared at you in awe, making his little sounds of amazement. Then his cheeks turned a light shade of pink, "What's wrong Ino?"

"What did you just do to me?" He slowly put his hand on the cheek you kissed, trying to figure out why he liked it so much and why it's making him feel this way.

"I kissed your cheek?"

"..." he stayed quiet for a minute, trying to comprehend what a 'kiss' was. Then, he finally said something, "Teach me." You felt your cheeks get warm and a small grin crept onto your face.

"Okay but let's not do it out in the open." Inosuke made a sound which you assumed to be him agreeing with you. He picked you up bridal style, gently like he had been for the past few weeks, and ran to an empty room to start immediately. You had to hold onto him because of how fast he was moving and he was still pretty aggressive. But, you were still proud that he wanted to learn how to show affection and make you happy.