Yuji Itadori*(read TW&A/N)

TW: SUICIDE, ATTEMPTED SUICIDE
(A/n: If you feel uncomfortable with this I completely understand, I know this is a very touchy subject and if you don't want to read it I completely respect your decision. Writing is a way of coping for me and I've been dealing with this[suicide/suicidal thoughts] recently, I'm a bit better at the moment  but it's still a thing I go through. As you know, I'm always here to talk to if you need me, I promise. Remember you are important, you are a wonderful person, you are loved)

"Hey Y/n, me, Kugisaki, and Fushiguro are gonna go shopping. You wanna come?" Yuji offered with bright eyes, hoping you'd accept. You scratched the back of your neck and winced.

"Ah, no. I think I'm just gonna stay here and go over these documents. Try to find any leads on this mess. Have fun though." You awkwardly smiled. Yuji's smile wasn't as big, he was actually disappointed but smiled anyway.

"Oh, ok. We'll be back soon, I promise. Maybe we can do something when I get back, just me and you," You gave him a warm smile and nodded. Yuji's cheeks reddened a little as he stared into your eyes, "Alright. See you later Y/n!" Yuji excitedly ran out of your room, leaving you with a warm smile on your face. While he was out, Sukuna's mouth appeared on his cheek, "That girl of your's, Yuji. Something's not right. You should check on her."  Yuji headed Sukuna's words and called you, made sure everything was okay. He heard something in your voice, sounded like you had been crying, but he wasn't sure, so he kept quiet.

About 2 hours later, you were leaned over your desk, holding your forehead, trying to ignore the siren song of the bottle of pills next to you. The whole time you'd glance at the bottle and watch it for a bit, choosing between life or death. Ever since Yuji left you had been spiraling downward. It's been like this for a while now, you'd be fine with Yuji, or at least act like you were fine. Then when you were alone, you'd contemplate whether or not it was time for you to go. You glared at the bottle, a tear rolling down your cheek, snapping you out of it and making you go back to work. 10 minutes later you snatched the bottle and clutched it in your hand. Your hand opened, allowing you to closely observe the translucent orange bottle. You rummaged through a desk drawer and found a clean sheet of paper and wrote a note for your beloved boyfriend, you left a separate one for Kugisaki and Fushiguro. When the notes were finished, you went back to the bottle, making sure you were really going to go through with it.

I'm so sorry Yuji. I hope you can forgive me.

Almost half an hour later, Yuji and the other's had gotten back. He happily walked to your room, excited to spend time with you. He poked his head in and called out for you with a cheerful tone, a huge grin, and closed eyes. When he didn't hear your voice, he opened his eyes and saw you in bed on your back. He furrowed his brow and walked over to you and noticed the bottle in your hand. His eyes widened and his body shook. He immediately kneeled next you cupped your cheeks, trying to coax you awake.

"Y/n! Hey! Wake up... please," he lightly shook you, "Get up! P-please... Y/n don't do this. Don't leave me. I-I need you," tears rolled down his cheeks. He stroked your hair and felt for your pulse, it was just barely there, "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you but I'm here now... so please... just wake up... Y/n..." he whined, his hands were shaking as he ran his fingers through your hair. Yuji picked you up, carrying you bridal style out of the room, "I can't lose you... I'm gonna get you help, I promise. You're gonna be okay," he whispered to you, his tears falling on your cheek. Megumi and Kugisaki ran out and saw Yuji carrying you with a heartbroken look on his face and tears cascading down his face, "Call Ijichi! Get a car! Something! Just help me get her to a hospital. Please." Yuji cried. Megumi nodded and called Ijichi while running to the front of the school, Kugisaki followed.

Ijichi came pretty quickly, allowing Yuji to easily load you into the car. He climbed into the back seat next to you and checked your pulse again, it was slowing down, "N-no. Don't give up on me Y/n. Please don't go. Don't leave me..." he whined, "You'll pull through, I know you will. You're too strong to give up like that," He sniffled. Yuji held your hand and squeezed it, "Go faster. Please. I can't lose her," he spoke before resting his head on your shoulder, silently crying. Arriving at the hospital, paramedics came out and immediately took you in on a stretcher. Yuji jumped out of the car and ran in behind them, they were pretty fast. He was going to try and follow them to the room but Ijichi and Gojo, who had just arrived, held him back, "What are you doing?! I need to be with her! I can't leave her! Not now... not ever!" He cried out, and tried to break out of their grip, reaching toward you. Gojo had to knock him out, they propped him up in a chair and Ijichi explained the situation.

An hour after Yuji woke up he was told that you were in a stable condition and that he could see you, even though you weren't awake. He sat in the room for a while, it was just you and him, before Megumi and Kugisaki came in. They talked and asked if he'd be okay and if you were going to be alright. He was quiet, giving one word answers. They understood that you'd both need some time so they left after telling him to let you know they said hi.

You woke up shortly after that, you stirred a bit, trying to figure out where you were. The warmth enveloping your hand caused you to look down. You immediately recognized it as Yuji's. The two of you locked eyes and shared a grateful smile.

"Hey..." he whispered, his lip quivering.

"Hey..."

"You made it..." his tear finally fell and he stood and hugged you. He wrapped his arms around you tightly and cried into your neck, "I thought I lost you."

"I'm sorry." You whispered in his ear and rubbed his back.

"It's okay. I just wish... I would've noticed... or said something. Did something to keep you happy or at least make things better."

"It isn't your fault. You were doing fine. I... didn't want to be a burden and put this on you."

"But you're not a burden. You'll never be a burden," he pulled back and cupped your cheeks, "I want to help you. I want more than anything for you to be happy and I'll do anything to make sure you are. Even if it's something as simple as hugging you or listening to how your day went. Just tell me when you feel like this so you're not going through this alone. You're never alone Y/n, I'm right here for you, always. You'll get through this. We'll get through this, I'm with you every step of the way I promise," he kissed your forehead and inhaled deeply, he looked back at you after pulling away, "Please don't ever do that again. I was so afraid... I love you so much and I need you Y/n. You're my everything. Please don't leave me." He pouted and sniffed. You ran your hands through his hair and scratched his scalp.

"I'll get better, I promise, as long as you're with me I'll keep going, for us." You wrapped your arms around his neck and hugged him, Yuji's arms rested around your waist as he squeezed you close to him.

"Thank you," He kissed your cheek and let out a relieved sigh. You scooted over and patted the area you made free for him. He climbed in and cuddled under your arm, resting his head on your chest, "I love you."

"I love you too Yuji," you gushed, "Hey, be ready to jump out of the bed, just in case we aren't allowed to do this."