Itachi Uchiha

Y/n's POV

My hand clutched my wounded side as my body was supported by a tree. My breathing continued to hitch and my head was pounding. As I tried to catch my breath, I heard movement and the brush around me. I had just barely escaped a kidnapping and I was pretty sure I killed the kidnappers, so this was just another thing to be afraid of. There was more movement and I took of deeper into the woods, being chased by whatever or whoever was watching me. I was surprisingly fast considering my size and injuries. The shaking from the brush around me distracted me too much and I ended up falling, getting a few gashes on my arms and legs. My body was in so much pain and I wasn't sure if I could run anymore. But I sure as hell wouldn't die without putting up a fight. I sat up and quickly backed into a tree, to avoid any surprise attacks. As my breathing got heavier, a figure walked out of the vegetation. At first, the face of the person looked very familiar, but this isn't the time to take chances. So, once again, my injured self took off to the best of my ability into even more unfamiliar territory. Before that happened, I swear I heard 'Don't be scared of me Y/n' come from the figure. Out of breath, but still ready to kick some ass, I rested on another tree. The figure came out again and looked me in the eyes. My heart dropped as I realized it was Itachi. I began backing away toward another tree, ready to run if neccessary.

"Y/n, what happened to you? How'd you get so hurt?" Itachi put his hand on my shoulder but I shoved it off. He tried to pull me up but I started kicking and punching at him. Not the best idea. That was the last of my energy and I blacked out. I'm not sure if it was because of the blood loss, fatigue, pain, stress, or all of it combined.

*imagine waking up lmao... You did*

My eyes fluttered open to a dimly lit room. My body was bandaged up and there was no pain in any of my limbs. My clothes were also different, making me shudder at the thought of someone changing me and seeing my body. I looked around the basic room, it was kind of plain, nothing special, a little dusty. I sneezed a few times and was on alert when someone said bless you. I looked over to where the voice was heard and saw Itachi sitting in a chair. He stood up and walked over to me. When he was in front of my face, he crouched down and tried putting his hand on my forehead, but I swatted it away.

"Don't fucking touch me Itachi or I swear you'll regret it." Itachi only smirked and continued to stare at me, making me self conscious.

"W-what? Is there something on my face or are you just creep?"

"Why were you out in the woods, injured and alone?" He finally said something

"I was kidnapped and managed to escape. The injury on my side came from escaping and killing those bastards. The other ones came from running away from you."

"Why were you running from me?"

"I was scared. Not only did I just get kidnapped, you were basically stalking me and I didn't feel safe." He sighed and looked down after hearing my answer.

"Sorry. I just... wanted to be sure it was you."

"Be sure... why?"

"I heard you left the village and I didn't want anything to happen to you. I made a promise to you and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I broke it."

"You remembered? You still care?" My eyes watered and tears were ready to fall.

"Of course. I... I know I left without saying anything and I abandoned you... I'm sorry. I've been worried about you this whole time and I've missed you so much." He pulled me into a hug.

"Itachi? What... are you okay? You never show any emotion..." I hesitated to touch him at all

"I know... it's just... you were in a coma for a week and I thought you were going to die and I don't want to wait until it's too late to tell you that... I love you. I have ever since we were kids. That's why I made that promise to you."

"Itachi... this is one weird situation and I'm not sure if this a dream or not... but I love you too."

He looked up at me with a goofy smile and I scooted over so he could get in the bed with me. We cuddled for the rest of the night.