Giyuu Tomioka

Giyuu followed the beautiful sound of you humming through the woods. He knew it was you, he'd never a voice as calming and lovely as yours. You were leaning against a huge rock, with your eyes closed and hands over your stomach when he found you. He couldn't help but admire your peaceful face, internally he was gushing but on the outside you wouldn't be able to tell because his expression hadn't changed. You felt his presence and looked up to see him staring with a blank expression.

"Giyuu..." you spoke a little concerned. He snapped out of it and handed you one of the bento boxes he was holding. You took it, knowing there was no point in resisting him, and put it on your lap. Your eyes closed again and you put your hands at the back of your head, continuing your break.

"You're not going to eat?" He sat on a nearby rock.

"Not hungry." Your eyes remained closed as you answered him.

"You haven't eaten in the last few days."

"You're not with me 24/7 so how would you know?"

He was sort of right. You haven't really just sat down and ate a meal, let alone enjoy one. You've only had small snacks and that was when you were alone and stress free, which wasn't often. Instead of eating, you were sort of overworking yourself by helping whoever was nearby whether that be by running errands, giving advice, or saving their lives, all because you wanted your mind to focus on something other than your body. You didn't want to think about your weight and wish you were more like Shinobu all day, so helping others was a productive way to distract yourself from that. Giyuu noticed and at first he didn't say anything. Then he started noticing how fatigued and pale you had gotten. So, he tried to ask you about it in his cute awkward way. You just brushed it off and never told him what was cause those symptoms. But he found out from spending time, really just being around you, with you and seeing that you were hardly eating.

Anyway, Giyuu stayed quiet and ate his food. You had actually fallen asleep so it wasn't as awkward. When you woke up, Giyuu was gone, you assume he had something to do. As you stood up and stretched, your crow randomly flew in and informed you about a mission. So you headed off in the direction of the closest village that was on the route to your destination.

When you got there, you saw two siblings who looked like they hadn't eaten in a few days. You gave them your bento box and some money without a second thought and got them a room in an inn nearby. After receiving their thanks, you walked out of the room and ran into Giyuu.

"What are you doing here? I thought you'd be farther ahead than me."

"I waited for you." Your eyes widened slightly at his response but you kept it cool. Though, he could still see the shock and endearment on your face.

"Well thank you for that," you didn't know what to say so that sounded more like a question, "I'll get going now. I don't wanna keep you up too long." You turned around to walk away but he grabbed your wrist.

"Where are you going?"

"Honestly I don't know. The inn is full and I gave my room to those kids. But I'll figure something out."

"You can stay with me." Your cheeks warmed up and you started getting nervous.

"A-are you sure? There's only one futon and sleeping on the floor is super uncomfortable-"

"I'll ask for another one."

"But-"

"I'll be back." He let go and walked away. You just sighed and walked into his room and sat on the futon, anxious for his return.

When he walked in, you were zoned out, staring at the floor. He put the other futon next to yours which took you out of your daze. He sat down and tossed you some onigiri, still expressionless.

"This was all they had." You assumed he was talking about the food cart outside. You also didn't realize you were zoned out for so long and that he took a while.

"Thanks," you looked away while eating, too embarrassed to make eye contact. Thoughts of why he was always giving you food and cared about you eating raced through your head and your mind managed to turn it to someone negative, making you anxious again.

When you both finished, you tried to strike up a contract with him. At first he wasn't really saying anything. But after talking more, he was saying more than two words. You're used to this, it happens every time you talk to him. It takes him a while to warm up to you, even if you talk to him quite a bit. You talked with him a little before getting tired enough to lay down, and eventually fall asleep. Giyuu smiled, he smiled, at your sleeping face.

Somehow, you ended up in his arms. You actually unconsciously rolled over and cuddled up to him, your futons were pushed together and you don't remember why. Anyway, he wrapped his arms around you and held you the rest of the night. When morning came, he kissed your forehead before getting breakfast and checking on the kids you were with last night.

Giyuu woke you up when he got back in the room. You groggily looked up with a pout, basically asking for a few more minutes. He gave you a little more time before waking you up again, this time making you get up. You greeted him and left the room, leaving a few of your things in the room. When you came back you saw him with fresh food. There was enough for both of you. But, you gathered your things and was about to go. Giyuu stood in front of the door, knowing you were going to leave without eating. You just stood there, trying to act like you did know what the problem was.

"...what?"

"You're not leaving until you eat."

"C'mon Giyuu," you groaned, "we need to go."

"And we will once we finish eating," His voice had a little emotion in it, "I'm not letting you go on an empty stomach."

"Why?" You whined and dropped your stuff. He put his hands on your shoulders, changing your mood.

"Because you haven't been eating and I know you haven't. I don't like seeing you like this. I care about you too much to let you continue like this." You looked into his eyes, for once they weren't dull and emotionless. You could see that he was being genuine and you weren't gonna brush his feelings off.

"Fine." You semi pouted and looking at the floor.

You two ate your food in an awkward silence before you spoke up. After that you and Giyuu said goodbye to the kids and they wished you luck on your mission.

While walking through the woods to the next village, you questioned what he said earlier.

"So when you said you cared about me earlier... did you mean as a friend orrr....?" You raised an eyebrow and felt your heart beating rapidly. You glanced over and seen that he had his normal stoic expression.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you said you cared about me. And I was wondering if it was the way someone would care about a friend or the way someone would care for a lover."

"A lover." He was still calm and you were freaking out.

"How can you say that so nonchalantly?" Giyuu shrugged and continued walking, though his cheeks were a little pink, "Can I hold your hand now?" As soon as you saw his head move slightly, you grabbed his hand and skipped by his side.