Mikey/Manjiro Sano

(A/n: I am so so so sorry for this late ass chapter 😭 I may come back and redo it but I hope you enjoy it for now)
'Don't worry, I'll be fine.' You reassured Mikey with a hand on his shoulder.

'But it's-' he was about to start freaking out so you stopped him before he could go on a long rant about why he should go with you.

'I'm going to the store Mikey,' he was still uneasy, it was written all over his face, 'I'm not worried about getting into some into some mess because I know you'll be there to save me before they even lay a finger on me,' you smiled and ran your fingers through his hair, 'Besides, who would be stupid enough to do something like that.' Mikey formed a small smile at your comments. They made him feel a bit better but he couldn't help but worry. Against his better judgement he sent you off to the store alone.

~End Flashback~

'It's been hours. There's no way a grocery trip is taking this long,' Mikey paced around your living room, wondering where you were. It's been far too long since you left. He had a bad feeling in his gut and decided to go find you, 'Please be okay.'

Mikey asked around the store to see if anyone had seen you recently or saw anything suspicious. When he asked the owner, the elderly man gave him a note and explained how he was instructed to give the not specifically to him by some strange man. Mikey pressed the old timer for more information about what the person looked like but didn't get much out of him. He thanked the old man and read the note. His heart dropped and bolted out of the store. He ran with all his might to try and find the right location mentioned.

The first abandoned warehouse he bursted into thankfully was the right one. He cautiously stepped and crept around until he got deeper into the warehouse, seeing you being held by some man with a gun to your temple. You were a bit scratched up, some splotches of blood on your clothes though some of it wasn't yours, you put up a good fight. When you saw him get closer you vigorously shook your head no to signal it was a trap, the man tightened his grip on your arms and pressed the gun even closer to your temple. You bit down onto the cloth covering your mouth and let a few tears fall, trying to keep yourself from freaking out.

"I'm coming okay? I promise I'll save you." Mikey spoke frantically. He was already guilty about not being with you and the fact that you're tied up with a gun to your head didn't make things any better. His heart pounded, he was too overwhelmed to process what was going on, which rarely happens. Before Mikey could take another step a whole group of assassins, you assumed, came from the shadows and jumped down from the higher platforms and began attacking Mikey.

He swiftly took them down one by one, they were stronger than expected. The man holding you had underestimated Mikey, but those were some pretty top assassins so they should buy him some time. The man pulled you back and was walking backwards up the stairs to get away from Mikey, "Try to escape and I'll blow your fucking brains out." The man threatened, your eyes widened a bit, not out of fear, but at the audacity of this man. You nodded and followed him up the steps. Once you two were at the highest point possible, the man shouted out at Mikey, before realizing he had disappeared. He looked around but abruptly coughed up blood, you turned to the side and saw Mikey's blade piercing the man's chest. You could hear his heavy breathing, he was angry. He fell forward and off the platform, if he wasn't dead before he was dead now.

Mikey untied your hands and mouth in a second and began patting you down, searching for any injuries. Both of you were frantic and eager to apologize to each other.

"Mikey I'm so sorry I didn't know they were watching me-" you cupped each other's faces and searched each other's faces for injuries.

"Don't apologize," he pecked your lips, "I should've went with you. I knew I should've," He sighed and pulled you into his chest, "I'm just glad you're okay. They didn't do anything crazy to you right?" You shook your head no, giving him some relief, "Never again, he whispered to himself, "You mean so much to me... I don't know what I would've done if they..." he gave you a squeeze.

"It's okay Mikey. Can we go home now?"

"Of course." he kissed your cheek. He helped you get cleaned up and spent the night trying to make it up to you. No matter how much you tried to reassure him it was okay, he still insisted it was the least he could do since he let you down.