Black Star

I stood in front of the symmetrical building in front of me with my weapon, Ken, by my side. It was our new school. We recently transferred... well enrolled here by lord death himself. The school was a nice sight, my personal favorite feature of it is the skulls. The stairs... hate them, there's just too many and that's unnecessary. It's a nuisance to me because I'm bigger than most girls. But when we're in battle, the way I move is unreal. You wouldn't bet your eyes. Sometimes me and Ken fight side by side. So he'd be using himself as a weapon and I'd summon a weapon from my soul and use it if that makes sense. Nobody really knows what that's called so I guess that's the real reason why we're here. Anyway, after we observed the temple like school, we were about to walk in until we heard a loud voice from above. The two of us shielded our eyes from the bright sun to see who it was. I saw a guy with blue hair and turned to look at Ken. All I heard him yell was 'Black Star'. Before I could even say anything, I heard two voices coming from the entrance of the school. I looked over to see a boy with white hair and comfortable clothes on and another with black hair with 3 white stripes and black suit on. We looked at each other and sighed. As we took a few more steps forward, the boy who was yelling jumped down from the pillar he was on and landed in front of us. Ken stood closer to me and was almost protecting me. I made eye contact with the blue haired boy and smirked. He was kinda cute, I'm not gonna lie.

"That was quite an entrance... what did you say your name was... Black Star right?"

"Yes! I am the-"

"Nice to meet you Black Star. I'm Y/n. Crap, I'm also late for class. I'll see you later, I guess." I looked down at my and grabbed Ken's hand and pulled him to class with me. We ran around trying to find the class which, thankfully, didn't take too long and we joined the class with no problem. We sat in our seats and tried to listen to the lesson. I started getting lost in thought and Ken noticed.

"What's on your mind?"

"Huh? Oh. That Black Star kid. He's energetic... and kinda cute. But... nevermind. What's Dr.Stein even talking about?"

"Wow, you're really good with names."

"I try."

We continued to try to follow along with the lesson but that was interrupted when a certain someone walked into the room. It was Black Star and those other two who were with him. We locked eyes for a second before I turned my head and concealed my blush. Turns out, he's in this class, sits right next to us, and was going to be going on our first mission with us... hooray.

*after the mission*

"Wow Y/n. You're really good." Black Star's weapon, Tsubaki complemented me.

"Thanks Tsubaki. I'm gonna be super sore after this."

"How did you summon a weapon like that?"

"Honestly I'm not really sure. Lord Death and Dr.Stein don't even know why it happens. But it's pretty cool so I'm not bothered." I joked

We were all walking back to our homes as we talked to each other. Tsubaki and Ken were talking about weapon stuff and I was talking to Black Star about how he was a 'star' and a 'God'. He's pretty arrogant. We said our goodbyes and departed.

*4 month time skip*

Me and Black Star had actually become good friends over a short amount of time. He talked about himself a ton. But he did ask about my life and the things I liked. One day I told him my favorite candy and he bought it for me the next day. That was really sweet of him. The closer we got, the more insecure I became. I've been feeling way more insecure than I usually do and after a long night of over thinking and crying, I woke up with a headache. Ken usually walks me to school and noticed how slow I was walking and that my hood was over my head to shield me from the sun.

"Aw Y/n. What's wrong?"

"I woke up with a terrible headache. Is it extremely bright out here to you or am I crazy?"

"Don't worry. I protect you from the sun." Ken laughed and pulled me into him and put his arm around my shoulders. This actually helped me walk faster and we made to class on time.

The whole day went by in slow motion and Ken had to help me with everything. At lunch, I sat outside and leaned my back on a tree. Ken went to get is lunch so I was alone. Before I could actually settle down, a very familiar voice shouted my name, making my headache worse. Black Star jumped in front of me and had his signature grin of his face. He was talking loud, as usual, it only made my head throb even more. I could even focus on what he was saying because the pain was too much.

"Black Star... can you maybe lower your voice? I ha-" I said with a low voice

"HOW DARE YOU TELL YOUR GOD TO SHUT UP?! I'M THE AMAZING BLACK STAR! NOBODY TELLS ME TO QUIET DOWN! ESPECIALLY SOMEONE LIKE YOU! A GOD DOESN'T LISTEN TO PIGS! HAHAHA!" Black Star yelled. I was already pretty sensitive and what he said made me cry, and not just because of how bad my head hurt. I shakily stood up and ran to the best of my ability to find Ken. He was right in front of me, but my headache was too much and I blacked out.

*time skip*

I woke up in the infirmary bed. My head was still hurting but not as much as before. I slowly sat up and took in my surroundings. My peaceful silence was interrupted by the door opening and my eyes scanned the area. It was Black Star, and he had a teddy bear and a bag/box of my favorite candy in his hands. I giggled as he blushed and sat in the chair next to my bed after giving me my gifts.

"Are you okay, Y/n? You passed out earlier and I carried you here."

"Thanks. I'm... better. My head doesn't hurt as much."

"That's good." We sat in silence for about five minutes.

"Black Star, are you okay? You're unusually quiet."

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." He obviously wasn't

"You know you can tell me anything." I put my hand on his shoulder as he visibly tensed up.

"I'm sorry... about earlier. I didn't mean what I said at all. And I didn't realize how bad your headache was. When you started crying I was so guilty. I didn't mean it, really. Then, you passed out because you were running from me. My heart broke just thinking about that. So I bought you a bear and candy to apologize and make you feel better. I'm sorry Y/n. I didn't mean to hurt your dad like that. Even if you don't accept my apology I have to say this. I love you Y/n. Ever since the day we met. You have the most adorable smile and beautiful spirit. Your laugh is adorable and you make everyone happy and I wanna be the one who makes you happy, if you'll let me." Black Star's cheeks were crimson and getting darker bye the second. I smiled like a dork and pulled him into my arms.

"I love you too, Black Star!" I pecked him on his forehead and he hugged me back. Who would've thought having a headache a d lack of sleep caused something good to happen?