Vinsmoke Sanji

3rd person POV

Y/n had joined Luffy's crew after he approached her after she finished off some thieves. He admired her sword and hand to hand skills and thought she'd be a nice addition. Y/n was somewhat quiet around the crew. She always made people feel better and made everyone laugh. She was a delightful person to be with. Everyone loved her, as a family member. Except Sanji, he had fallen madly in love with her over a few months. She always caught his eye and warmed his heart. Y/n felt the same but would never admit or show anyone how she felt. He always tried to flirt with her, but she'd always some kind of witty comeback and leave. They would hang out and cook together sometime. But lately, Y/n's been keeping her distance.

Y/n's POV

I stood on the deck of the ship lost in thought. My mind was on a new purchase I debating on... and that damn cook. My face unconsciously frowned as my insecurities began flooding my thoughts. I managed to stop thinking about all that and started debating about my purchase again. I was snapped back into reality by something flying past my head. My head whipped around so fast, you'd think I broke it. I looked around to find who threw a potato at me and found Chopper laughing until he couldn't breathe. My lips curled into a smirk as I picked him up by his leg and hung him upside down.

"You thought it was that funny? You missed little guy, it would've been much funnier if you had actually hit me." I giggled

"I was just trying to get your attention. You should've seen your face!" He laughed even more. I put him down and waited for him to calm down.

"Whatever. Where's Zoro? I need to ask him a few questions."

"He's below the deck somewhere."

"Thanks. I'll be back."

I walked below the deck and called out for Zoro. I got distracted by a new painting I hadn't seen before on the wall and bumped into a man's chest. I looked up to see Sanji with heart eyes.

"Oh, sorry. I got distracted. I'm looking for Zoro, have you seen him?" Sanji's face fell when I asked the question.

"Oh, well beautiful-"

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you not to call me that."

"Sorry. That's the first word I think of when I see you. But that idiots is right down the hall."

"Thanks."

I walked down the hallway and found Zoro. He had an annoyed look on his face which made me curious.

"Oi Zoro, what's wrong?"

"That damn cook. He wouldn't shut up about how sad he is about you ignoring him. You have to talk him-"

"I did. Just now."

"No, Y/n. You need to be normal with him again. He's in love with you and I'm sick of hearing about it."

"Zoro c'mon. Let's be honest. He isn't in love with me. This is just a stupid one sided crush," Zoro gave me the 'bitch please' face, "He doesn't. I bet you 20 bucks he's flirting with Nami right now."

"This is so dumb, but I'm in."

"Okay, follow me, we have to be quiet so don't do anything stupid."

"That's golden coming from you."

I rolled my eyes and dragged him to the usual place Sanji would flirt with Nami. We found them and for some reason, hearing it this time hurt more than usual. Unaware of the tears that were streaming down my cheeks as I turned to Zoro and told him to cough up the 20 bucks. He had a shocked look on his face as he pulled me into a hug. I immediately hugged back and cried my heart out. This caught Sanji and Nami's attention. Sanji immediately tried to comfort me but Zoro pulled me away into another room and I poured my heart out to Zoro. As soon as I finished, Sanji began knocking on the door and frantically asking what happened. Zoro pushed him away and told him not to worry about it. He then told me he was going to get me something to drink, which I didn't protest at all. As soon as Zoro left, Sanji burst into the room. He sat down beside me. I scooted away and he pulled me closer to him.

"Y/n. What's wrong? Please tell me. I want to help." His grip on me tightened

"Shouldn't you be showering Nami with love? Why do you care anyway?" I used what little strength I had left to push him away. His face held a look of shock and sadness. A few more tears rolled down my cheeks before I looked him in the eyes with a hurt expression.

"Go, Sanji. Please... just leave me alone." With a few tears falling from his eyes, he silently left the room. Zoro came back with a cup and a bottle of some kind of alcohol. He handed it to me and I thanked him.

*2 week time skip*

Everyone left me alone that night. It didn't bother me. I preferred it actually. At least I knew nobody was judging me as I drank my sorrows away. I only left the room if I needed to use the bathroom or had something important to do. One day, Zoro knocked on the door obnoxiously until I answered.

"What is your problem?" I asked annoyed

"C'mon. Let's go get those new blades you've been wanting."

"But I want to save my money a little more."

"Just c'mon Y/n."

He pulled me out of the bed and basically dragged me off the ship and all the way to the market place. He pushed me into the shop that had my dream weapons. As I gazed at all the different varieties, I noticed the blades I was looking for weren't there. I went to cashier and asked them if they had anymore. He told me to go to the docks , which I thought was weird, but I did it anyway. I told Zoro that I was heading out and left. When I got to the docks, there was a trail of rose petals and a note with my name written very boldly on the front. It read:

This is very corny, but just go with it. Follow the trail of petals til the end. It's worth it, I promise. :)

I sighed and did as the note said. When I got to the end of the trail, I looked up to see a table set up for a date. It was a little concerning at first but when I saw my favorite meal on the plate, I was more than happy to go along with whatever was happening. Out of nowhere, a pair of arms were wrapped around my waist, pulling me into the person's chest. For some reason, I knew I wasn't getting attacked and I knew it was Sanji who was holding me. I turned my head to see his face buried in my neck as he continued to embrace me. He turned me around, and cupped my chubby cheeks with his hands.

"Y/n, I know you may not want to see me right now but there's something you need to know. I've missed you over these last two weeks. It took me a while to figure out what was bothering you but then it hit me. I don't love Nami, or any other woman. I only love you. I only flirted with them in front of you to get a reaction out of you. You mean the world to me. I never want to hurt you like that again and I'm sorry for whatever pain I've caused you." I looked down and he tilted my head up a little so I could look at him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and squeezed him tightly and whispered 'I love you too' back to him. Sanji pecked my forehead and pulled away to grab the gift bag that was behind him. He handed me the f/c colored bag and I open it to see the blades I had been keeping my eye on. I looked up at Sanji with the most loving look ever and pulled him into a hug again. This time we shared a passionate kiss and we vowed to never leave each other's side.