Garou (revised)

I'm not sure how I ended up becoming best friends with the infamous hero hunter, but it happened. I found him passed out and injured in an alley one day. I knew exactly who he was but I still took him to my apartment and took care of him. He never left and I never made him leave. We had a bit of an unspoken bond I guess.

That was a few months ago. It didn't take long for us to get close, I mean really close, like best friend close. Even if he was beating up heroes, I still allowed him to come back. Garou never really complained about anything. Only when I worked too long without telling him or forgot to cook breakfast or something. He's... surprisingly easy to live with, y'know for a human monster. If he wasn't hero hunting or sleeping so he can heal, the two of us would run errands or do whatever we felt like. Garou wasn't that protective of me unless a guy was looking too hard or being an asshole. Or if he hadn't seen me in a while, then he gets all worried, it's kinda cute.

Life had been pretty chaotic for the past 5 weeks. He had recently managed be captured by the monster association during a fight between him and Bang. I hadn't seen him since.

*flashback*

"Garou, please. Let's just go home, alright? C'mon. Please." I begged Garou as he protected me from any harm. His arms were around me and he was ready to pull me out of the way at any time. His grip on me tightened and he looked at me with sad puppy eyes.

"I'm sorry. But you have to go. I don't want you to get hurt... please Y/n." His tone and expression broke my heart and all I could do was stare at him.

I wanted to stay to make sure he was safe. But I wanted to leave so I wasn't a burden to him. As I stood there in his arms, he quickly dodged an attack and we ended up in a tree. Garou flashed a genuine smile at me before he jumped down and continued to fight. I yelled his name but he wasn't listening to me, 'This is so- I should've known better!' I mentally cursed myself. As I tried to decide my next move a flash of yellow caught my eye. My eyes searched until I could find it again, there it was a big bird creature flying away with Garou in its clutches.

I stood petrified, wondering how many more of those there were and also worried for Garou's safety. He just had to prove a point. Long awaited tears fell down my cheeks as I watched them fly into the distance. Though I couldn't stop thinking, 'what the hell was that thing? Did I hear it talk or am I crazy?'

*end*

That was weeks ago. Ever since he was kidnapped, I had fallen into a deep depression that worsened each day. My self esteem, along with my mental health, and drive for anything tanked. It's week five, but it feels like year five. I didn't think he meant this much to me.

One day, I had been sitting on the edge of tall building that I managed to get to the top of. Staring down at the cars and civilians who looked like ants below me. A sad sighed passed my lips and tears fell like raindrops. My heart ached and I had nobody to go to. As I observed the scenery, the thought of sweet freedom crossed my mind multiple times.

"Garou... why'd you have to get taken... why am I so hurt... I wish- I wish this would just end..."

Unconsciously, my eyes shut and I slowly began leaning forward. I was on the brink on falling off before two huge, muscular arms wrapped around me and pulled me back. Startled, I turned around to see hurt and distressed Garou. He had tears in his eyes and he was breathing heavily. He pulled me into his chest and embraced me as tight and close as he could manage. I heard his breathing stagger and how fast his heart was beating. He buried his face in my neck and I felt his tears on my shoulder. My arms wrapped around his neck and I cried into him as well.

"Y/n... I'm so so sorry. I'm back now, okay? I won't leave you again I promise... just don't go, not like this. " He whimpered.

"I'm sorry Garou. I- I wasn't thinking-"

"S-shhh. It's okay. You're safe again," His grip became tighter and he nuzzled into my neck, still sniffling. He rubbed my arms like he was trying to make sure I was actually there, or maybe to let me know that he was really there, "I'm sorry I scared you like that..."

"That's... don't worry about that, Garou. You're back, that's all I care about."

Garou picked me up without having to argue or fight me. Usually I'd protest and push him away but I didn't have the energy. He carried me bridal style about half way to the apartment, then I got the energy to walk by his side. We made a little conversation and he kissed my forehead a few times to cheer me up. The difference in our energies from earlier to now was... something.

"My monster," I laughed to myself, not something you'd usually hear out of someone.

"What's so funny about that?" He teased

"Nothing. I like it is all." He hummed at my response and pulled me into his side as we continued home.