Armin Arlet

"You're getting better, Y/n." Armin complimented

"Yeah but I still haven't beat you. What's your secret? Uggghhh."

"You'll get the hang of it, I promise."

"Same time tomorrow?"

"Of course." Armin smiled and packed up the game with my help. We finished and went our separate ways.

Honestly, the only reason why I wanted to play chess is because I wanted to get closer to Armin. But now I actually like chess and my goal is to beat him. I still have a huge crush on him though. For the last few weeks, I've been trying to get closer to him. Not in a clingy or creepy way, I actually want to get to know him. We became friends not too long ago and hang out almost every day. We also work really well together in combat and training. After Armin left, I walked around the plaza and ran into Eren. He managed to figure out my crush on his best friend and was helping me with it.

"How was hanging out with Armin?"

"The usual. Still can't beat him in chess and still hopelessly in love with him."

"It's not hopeless. I'm sure he loves you back." Eren knew Armin had a crush on me too. He was the mastermind behind our bonding time. He's been helping both of us appeal to each other in order to get us together.

The next day, Armin wasn't in the officer meeting room (from aot2 the game). He's usually there before me so this was concerning. I sat down in our usual spot after setting up the game. Half an hour later, Armin walked in wit his hands behind his back. His clothes were a little formal and his face looked like a tomato. He was clearly nervous about something. Armin sat in front of me and cleared his throat before looking at me.

"H-here Y/n. T-these are for y-you." He handed me a bouquet of my favorite flowers and a titan plushie and a few more of my favorite things. He then pulled out a box of chocolates with a note attached saying 'I love you'. Armin looked away in embarrassment as I processed what happened.

"Armin... How'd you know..."

"Eren told me." Armin then stood up and walked over to me. As if an arrow laced with boldness hit him, he kissed my cheek and looked away. Our faces were both crimson and they managed to get darker after I pulled him in for a kiss on the lips. He melted into the kiss and we started losing our breath. The only reason why we pulled away is because we heard the other's in celebrating in the back. Eren trotted over to us and pulled us into a hug.

"Everyone, say hello to Mr and Mrs.Arlet." he joked

"You know what... I'm not even embarrassed by that. Are you, Mrs.Arlet?" Armin looked over at me with a smile

"Nope. Not at all sweetheart."