Deidara

'Where is he?' I quickly scanned the ground below me to see if my 'ride' was anywhere near. It wasn't and the people who were pursuing me were getting closer. I was on the edge of a cliff so the only way to go was down. 'Fuck it. I'm gonna have to jump. I'll be able to save myself I think.' My pursuers could see me and began yelling. Without a second thought, I jumped off the cliff. A huge clay bird broke my fall. 'There he is'. I turned around to see the blonde bomber smiling nervously at me.

"You're late, blondie. I almost had to swim back to the base! Do you see how dangerous those waters are?!" I threw a mini tantrum.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry un. Tobi and Danna distracted me, yeah. But look, I came right on time. Please don't be mad at me un." He looked at me with puppy eyes knowing I couldn't stay mad.

"Whatever. I'm tired. Tell me when we get to the base." I sighed and leaned on his shoulder.

"Of course, gorgeous." He kissed my forehead and I fell asleep.

*at the base*

I was still tired and decided to take a nap after I reported to Pein. I wanted to sleep in Deidara's room but he made up all kinds of excuses to keep me out of there. It was suspicious but I brushed it off because sleep was the only on my mind. I slept for all the rest of the day. I was kind of surprised that Deidara didn't come wake me up since he never let's me sleep for longer than 2 hours because he gets lonely. I woke up in the middle of the night and dragged myself to the kitchen to get some water. Since I was still half asleep, I didn't really see the figure in front of me. I bumped into it and heard Deidara's voice.

"Dei Dei." I croaked and hugged his torso

"Yes un?" He laughed a little and hugged me back

"..." I was lightly snoring in his chest. I literally fell asleep standing up

"Y/n?" He put his hand on my cheek and it licked me, waking me up

"Huh? Oh... I need water." He handed me a glass of water and waited for me to finish

"Okay, now go back to sleep un. It's 3 in the morning."

"Only if you come with me."

"I can't-"

"Dei Dei pleeeeaaaasssseeee." I begged enough and he eventually agreed to sleep with me.

The next morning, I woke up alone. He wasn't sleeping next to me, cuddling me, or even un my room. That's not normal for him. I was getting kind of sad thinking he might be cheating on me. It's like he doesn't want to spend time with me anymore. He always has some kind of excuse to get out of being around me. I walked around the base like a sad puppy all day. The other members were pretty awkward around me because they weren't used to this. Luckily my bestfriend, Konan, knew what to do to cheer me up. We spent a while doing things that would get my mind off of Deidara and would make me happy again. When the day ended, I was sad again because I realized I hadn't seen Deidara at all today. I went to sleep a sad mess.

Over the next few days I had gotten extremely insecure about myself. The thought of Deidara not loving me anymore possibly because of my body, and him cheating on me, really messed with my head. I purposely chose a long mission to go on just so I could get out of the base and do something other than sulk around. When I came back, Deidara didn't even greet me. He wasn't even at the base. By now, I wasn't even sad. I was furious. Instead of taking my anger out in the base, I was deep in the forest, far away from the base, using my chakra to destroy the nearby area. When I finally tired myself out, I just sat in the forest for a few hours, feeling better. On my way back, someone was calling my name. It didn't really scare me but it was kind of weird. My name kept being called but it stopped when I got to the base. Before I could enter, someone grabbed me from behind. I started freaking out and was about to get into attack mode until I realized it was Deidara.

"Geez Deidara. You scared me." I huffed

"I'm sorry un. Follow me yeah." He held my hand and lead me to a beautiful, hidden clearing full of flowers and cute little animals. It looked like something out of a book. In the middle of the clearing was an amazing fountain. When I looked at it closer, I realized it was me and Deidara squished together under an umbrella, just like we were on our first mission together. We used to hate each other back then. But the expressions on the statue were ones of love, not hatred and we were looking at each other.

"Dei Dei, did you make this?" I asked, tearing up.

"Of course I did. It's on our first mission together un. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Not just because we almost died in our sleep and because you slipped and got us caught. It's because that was day I had fallen in love with you, yeah. You were so beautiful even though you were fuming the whole time. Everything about was and still is perfect un. This is what I've been working on the whole time yeah."

"So you weren't cheating on me?"

"No, un. I could never. I love you too much for that yeah. I just wanted to make our anniversary special and surprise you un." He nuzzled into my cheek as I attacked him with a hug and kisses while constantly saying 'I love you'.