Victor Nikiforov

You checked your phone once again with an annoyed expression. The time was 8:53 PM, two hours later than when you arrived at the restaurant. The seat across from you remained vacant, just as it had been for hours. The waiter who had been checking on you every 20-30 minute came back around. You had been telling him that you were waiting on someone each time he came around. There was no reason in using that excuse anymore. This time around, you spoke to him first, he also had a small to go box in his hand.

"I'm sure you've noticed my date still isn't here. So I'll be leaving now. Here's a tip for checking on me the whole time." You smiled thinly at the waiter. He gave you a more genuine smile as he handed you the box. He saw that you were about to reject the offer and spoke up.

"It's on the house. I think it'll make you feel better. At least for tonight." You gave him a thankful nod and accepted the box after grabbing your purse.

You exited the restaurant with a tired sigh. The wind hit your bare legs and arms, making you shiver. You put your sweater on and quickly walked to your car so that you could warm up. Once you got in, your phone vibrated. Deep down you were hoping that Victor had texted you with a good reason why he didn't show up tonight, but part of you knew that wouldn't happen. You checked your phone and to your disappointment, it was just a (random app) notification.

The drive home was calming, your favorites comfort music was playing in the background. You went to the nearest store by your house and got some, a lot, snacks to eat for the next few days since you anticipated that you'd be in your feelings for a while.

After taking a shower and do your nightly routine, you flopped on your couch, mindlessly flipping through TV channels. The whole time your mind was on Victor, hoping he'd at least call or text you. But he probably didn't have a reason to, other than missing the date which he most likely forgot about. When your phone vibrated, you excitedly turned it over. But it was just your friend calling you. You talked them about the date and let all your feelings out. Almost half an hour of hanging up, you had fallen asleep with a bag of chips on your lap.

The next day you sulked a little but for the most part you were fine. You didn't really feel like talking to anyone so you ignored texts and calls unless they were from important people. You weren't surprised when you still hadn't gotten any kind of contact from Victor. It didn't really matter at that point. You were fine with being alone for now. The whole day you were aimlessly walking around your house, cleaning a little here and there. But you were mostly watching TV and eating snacks.

The next few days went that way too. A few people started getting worried when they hadn't seen you or heard from you in a few days. Luckily you were out on vacation so you weren't missing anything at work. Anyway, Victor was one of those worried people. He hadn't seen you outside or in the store recently. He hadn't even gotten a text or call from you, which is very out of character considering how much you talk to him. He missed you a lot. Hearing your voice and reading your texts always brightened his day. Over the last few days he's been think about you so much and he finally realized that he wants to spend the rest of his life with you and that he loves you dearly.

He called and texted you, but got no response. You couldn't respond, your phone was dead and you were cooking because you got the sudden urge to. He was debating on going to go visit you or not. After being reassured by his friends, he set off to visit you. It took him a whole to get to your house since he somehow forgot the route. You had just finished cooking and sat down to wait on the food to cool off. You were watching an unsolved crime documentary when the doorbell rang. It sent chills down your spine bec the narrator had just said something about a ringing door bell.

"Coming!" You stood up and stretched a little before swinging the door open to reveal Victor. With a raised eyebrk and tilted head, you stared at him with confusion, "Hey Victor..." you greeted, not to sure about what was going on. You stepped aside and let him in the house. When you turned around, you were surprised to find yourself in his arms.

"I'm so glad you're okay."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You hadn't talked to me in a few days and I was worried about you."

"Ohhh. That. Yeah sorry for worryingly you. I just needed some time to think after the date." You said the last part with a bit of disgust.

"'Date'?"

"Yeah, date. You asked me out, remember?" Victor scrunched his brows, trying to remember what you were talking about. When it hit him, he instantly felt bad about forgetting. His cheeks turned red and sheepishly scratched the back of his neck, letting you go.

"I may have forgotten about that. Y-you wouldn't be mad if I did, right?" You crossed your arms and playful rolled your eyes, knowing he was being genuine.

"Not at all." He let out a relieved sigh and held one of your hands.

"Will you be mine?"

"Victor-"

"I know it's abrupt and maybe pretty early. But, I've had feelings for you for a while and these past few days without you made me realize how much I need you." He had a hopeful smile which made your heart melt. You thought for a few seconds and nodded, causing him to pull you into a bear hug. He laughed a little, not believing what just happened and sniffed the air, just now realizing that your house smells like a gourmet meal. You heard his sniffing and chuckled.

"I just finished cooking before you got here. How about you make up missing the date by staying and eating dinner with me?" Victor gave you a warm, closed eye smile.

"I'd love that."