Garou

(A/n: Yes I know- another Garou chapter. Shhhhh.... enjoy it. Also I'm altering the timeline a bit, but don't worry)

Garou layed unconscious, bloody, beat and bruised up on the ground with nobody around to see him. Nobody was around to help him.

Something in you told you to go look for him. You ended up running into Saitama and asked if he had saw Garou, sure his memory is absolutely horrible, but you figured it couldn't be that bad. He seemed a bit shaken up, randomly blurting that he didn't dine 'n dash, but calmed down when you explained why you were outside. Luckily his memory wasn't that bad and pointed you in the right direction.

When you got there, Garou was nowhere to be seen, instead there was a huge pool of blood that made your heart drop to the pit of your stomach.

'Shit. Garou please be okay.' You jogged around the area, following a trail of blood that you weren't sure to be grateful for.

You eventually came across Garou, aimlessly walking with a lumbering limp. You were relieved to see that he was still alive but your heart was still pounding from the stress and running around. You jogged next to him and grabbed his shoulder, quickly removing your hand after seeing him wince in pain while apologizing.

"Garou what happened to you?" He didn’t even glance at you.

"Have you seen the kid?"

"Kid- you mean Tareo? I don't know-" you stopped after seeing his face contort to a menacing frown. You backed up a bit to give him some space. His reaction lead you to assume something happened to Tareo, he either got kidnapped, or worse and Garou couldn't stop it. He was probably going to go try to find whoever did this to him and hopefully save Tareo, but you didn't want him to go into a fight in this condition. You didn't mean to be that girl, but you stood in front of Garou to stop him in his tracks, "Garou, I don't know what you plan on doing but all I know is I can't let you go into like this. Come home with me, just for a little bit," You tried to negotiate. He stared for a bit, contemplating it, and tried to walk away after grumbling something, "Garou!" You grabbed his hand, making him whip his head around. He must've did it too fast because he started swaying and his eyes were starting to close, "Garou- hey- GAROU!" You caught him as he fell forward, the sudden weight crashing into you almost made you fall. You managed to carry him to your car and bring him inside.

Not too long after getting to your place, he woke up, confused and frantically looking around. You kneeled down next to him and handed him an ice pack.

"What were you doing out there? You're so hurt." He held the ice pack to his head and looked to the side like he didn't want to tell you.

"Don't worry about that,"  he sighed and finally looked you in the eye, "what were you doing out there?"

"Looking for you of course," he raised an eyebrow, "something told me to go find you. And I found a pool of blood and followed the trail of blood and eventually found you." You were a bit embarrassed, when you explained it out loud it sounded kind of dumb.

"Y/n- what were you thinking?! Y'know how dangerous that is?! What if it wasn't me who you found?! Why the hell would you willingly do that!?"

"Because I thought you were in trouble!"

"There's monsters and shit running around and killing people. Stop risking your life for me!" He put the ice pack down and stood up, you stood up too and looked him dead in the eye. Garou frowned again because he felt like you weren't listening to him.

"Well if I don't look after you, who will?! I'm not gonna sit here and let you fucking bleed out on the street when I could've fucking helped you Garou!" You clenched your fists and glared back at him. He grinded his teeth and squinted his eyes. You could see his jaw flex as he thought carefully about what to say next.

"I just want you to be safe. I already got the kid taken from me. I don't need you getting taken too." He sighed and looked to the floor. Your face softened seeing him show his vulnerable side to you. Your hands rested at his jaw area, he looked at you with a small pout and disappointment in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Garou. It was pretty stupid of me to go out at a time like this. I just wanted to make sure you're okay. I just want to help you, please don't push me away," your thumbs grazed his cheeks. He swallowed the lump in his throat and continued to stare with glossy eyes, "I'm sorry about Tareo. I know you'll save him. Just please, let me help you get into a better condition than this. And please, I'm begging you, be careful out there." He placed a hand on your's, enveloping it with his warmth. Garou's thumb paced between your wrist and thumb area. He couldn't speak, instead he just gave a small nod showing he understood and looked away.

"You and that damn kid make me too damn soft." He complained and rolled his eyes. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink, you held in a laugh.

"Yeah whatever, 'hero hunter' or 'strongest monster', whatever the hell you go by now. You love us," You playfully punched his chest, "now sit down and let me clean these wounds before they get infected."