Renji abarai

Renji's POV

"How did you... I'm so lost." Y/n tilted her head to the side.

"I just had a gut feeling... and Ichigo told me."

She hummed in response as I searched the room. Y/n would give me some suggestions here and there but they never worked. I finally decided to try and use the desk full of buttons that I had been avoiding.

"Renji I swear if you manage to-" she was getting anxious and tried to wriggle out of the chains that held her to a surgical table.

"Hey. Don't worry about it. I got it." I reassured her and pressed a blue button. The table then stood upright and Y/n was pissed.

"Don't touch another button! I already see that this'll just get worse." She snapped.

I shrugged her warning off and pressed another button. This time, the floor opened to reveal a tank full of sharks. She started yelling and I pressed it again, closing the floor. I pressed yet another button and the table retracted into a beam and the chains around her tighted. I turned around and saw a very squished Y/n. What made it worse is the fact that her curves were basically popping out the chains and her clothes had shifted. I had to clear my mind from the wild thoughts running through my head. She called my name for a few minutes and was livid and embarrassed.

"Stop staring and get me out dammit!" She yelled looking like she'd break the chains out of pure anger.

"R-right. Yeah. Uh how about this one?" I pressed an orange button and a saw came from the ceiling, slowly lowering down to slice through Y/n. She was genuinely scared now and was struggling even more to get out of the tight chains. I kept pressing the button to make the chain retract but it was still making it's descent toward Y/n. She was getting frantic and nervous as she cried out my name. I panicked a bit and grabbed a weird metal thing that was resting on the floor. I picked it up and jammed it into the gear of the saw, causing it to break and fall to the ground. It ended up cutting the chains and Y/n's arm when it fell. She stumbled off of the beam and fell to her knees. She was breathing heavily and let out a sigh if relief once she caught her breath.

"I told you... not to press anymore of those buttons aND WHAT DID YOU DO?! PRESS THE DAMN BUTTONS AND ALMOST GOT ME KILLED!" She started yelling mid sentence, flailing both of her arms around.

"Oops." I tried to act like her yelling wasn't bothering me. In reality it kinda hurt, emotionally. She never yells at anyone. She's always so gentle and peaceful and so kind to everyone. So for her to yell at someone means that they really did something so stupid that brought her to that level of anger.

"OOPS?! OOPS?! YOU ALMOST GOT ME KILLED AND THAT'S WHAT YOU SAY?!" She stepped closer to me

"I'm sorry. I really am." I muttered

"RENJI I'M AB-"

"I love you." It slipped out, not the best time for this. In my defense, I've never seen her this angry so I have no idea how she handles a situation like this and I panicked.

Y/n paused and looked at me with shock, anger, and confusion.

"You... what?" She questioned with a somewhat low voice

"I... love you..." I muttered again, this time not nearly as confident. Her eyes widened a bit and her expression changed. She lowerd her arms and processed what I said.

"I love you too." Y/n admitted and looked away from me. Before she could do anything, I attacked her with a kiss, catching her off guard. After a few seconds she kissed back and I pulled her closer to me. We pulled away for air and gazed into each other's glazed eyes. I grinned as she hid her face in my chest. My grin fell once I realized her arm was still bleeding.

"We need to find some kind of first aid kit for your arm."

"Oh yeah. That. Well c-can we hug again after we take care it? That was nice." She boldly asked while searching for a first aid kit.

"Of course we can. Maybe we can do a little more if you're up for it~"

"You're pushing your luck. I may want to hug you again but I'm still pissed."

"So no-"

"No."