Keith Kogane

Y/n's POV

Well... Keith turned into a galra, I'm still human, he's going on a rampage in the training room, with me in it. I'm in quite a pickle. I don't even know what happened, we were fine one second then he started changing and getting violent. I was doing well with avoiding his attacks at first. He managed to tackle me so now we're struggling on the ground. Since I didn't want to hit my crush too hard, I was making an effort to get out of his grasp. It was pretty much useless though, he was too strong and my arms were full of gashes and blood. His nails dug deep into my arms, causing me to lose my strength. After even more struggle, we ended up flipping over, so now he was on top of me, clawing at my back. His nails tore through my clothing and my skin. My back was full of a burning pain. I looked Keith in his yellow eyes, I could tell he wasn't completely gone. Still struggling and fighting through the pain, I decided to try and talk to him.

"Keith, I know you're in there," I moved his head so he could look at me, "I... know you can hear me... you stubborn asshole..." he kept moving trying to get his head out of my hands, "Keith please. I know you can hear me. Come back," knowing this may be the end of me, I decided to just go ahead and confess, "Keith.... I... love you so... much... come back..." We finally locked eyes and he stopped attacking me. His face, ears, and nails returned to normal. Keith looked at me, then his nails and clothes. A look of distress and terror was on his face as he came to the realization of what happened. Keith backed away with tears pouring out of his eyes, mumbling 'no' to himself. He looked so afraid and I wanted to hold him tell him it was okay. I slowly stood up with the little strength that was left in my body. I slowly walked over to Keith, one painful step at a time. When I got to his crying form, I kneeled down next to him and loosely held him in my arms. He wouldn't look up and I used my remaining strength to hold him tighter.

"I'm sorry... it's all my fault... I hurt you Y/n... I... I'm a monster... I'm so so sorry... Y/n..."

"It's fine. You-" I winced a little as my body started shaking, Keith looked at me with so much fear in eyes and I weakly smiled at him, "You couldn't control it... it's okay Keith. I promise."

"But... I hurt you... you're bleeding out... oh no... I'm so sorry... I should've been stronger. I should've been able to control it." He cried as I ran my fingers through his hair. I gave him one last tight squeeze before blacking out.

3rd person POV

The other's got back a few minutes after Y/n passed out. They ran into the training room to see a bloodied Keith and Y/n on the floor. Keith was holding her in his arms, balling his eyes out, trying to wake her up. He couldn't move. His body was numb as he cried out for the girl. He loved her with all his heart and was so devastated about what happened. Lance and Pidge rushed to his side to see if they could do anything. Everyone's hearts wretched as they listened to Keith beg for her to wake up and begged for help. It was a shocking and tragic sight to see.

*weeks later*

Y/n had been in a healing pod for quite some time. It's been about 3 weeks since the incident. Keith refused to leave her side and literally had to be dragged away from her so he could take a shower and used the restroom. He stayed with her any chance he had, just in case she woke up. He started getting worried that she wouldn't wake up. All Keith wanted to do was hold her and apologize for hurting her. He had the time to think about all the hurtful things he would say to her just because he was too scared to admit his feelings for her. Even if he constantly insulted her, she was still so kind to him and would still smile at him. Keith regretted every second of it. He took her for granted and he hated that.

*days later*

Y/n finally recovered and woke up from her coma. Keith was the first person to greet her and he was overjoyed. She stumbled a bit when she tried to walk and, of course, Keith was by her side to help her. He followed her around the whole day, helping her with everything. At the end of the day, the two of them were star gazing together. They sat in a comfortable silence until Keith spoke up.

"I'm so relieved you're okay," he lightly tugged her into his arms. He squeezed her tightly and nuzzled into her neck, "I've been wanting to do this all day. I'm sorry. I know I keep saying it but I can't stop feeling guilty about what happened. You mean everything to me and I almost killed you. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to be able to hold you."

"Keith... before you turned back into yourself, did you hear what I said to you?"

"No."

"Oh well... I uh... I love you."

"I lied, I heard what you said. I just wanted to hear you say it again. I love you too."

The two stayed outside, in each other's embrace. From that day forward, they were inseparable. Y/n helped Keith with his situation and they got over it together.