Earl Alois Trancy/James 'Jim' Macken

"That's it. I quit. I can't do this anymore. It's not worth getting executed or something horrible like that. Goodbye Hannah, I don't know if we'll ever see each other again but I wish you the best. Give my regards to the rest of the staff." You ranted to your timid friend. A few years back you were assigned to Alois, even though Hannah was already there, to help him keep a low profile. He had a target on his head for reasons unbeknownst to you at the time. But after living with him and being his second maid, you could understand why someone would want him dead.

"Oh dear. For a demon you're quite emotional. But that's beside the point. What happened this time?" She sat on a nearby chair and gazed at you.

"I just can't take the constant insults and mistreatment. I'm supposed be protecting him and I'm about ready to kill him myself. I would if it weren't for this dumb assignment and this even more dumb 'crush' on him. I honestly can't even process what's going on at this point. I can't even listen to him when he talks because of how nervous yet irritated I get," You sighed and put a hand on your hip and your face in the other, "I'm leaving anyway. I have to escort the guests back to their home. Maybe I'll be able to clear my head since I'm getting a few days away from him. I still don't understand how I fell in love with someone who treats me so horribly." You looked at Hannah, who was still staring at you like you were crazy. The two of you didn't know Alois was outside the door eavesdropping on the entire conversation. He didn't mean to, he just got distracted and started listening. Part of him was saddened to hear about how you felt about the way he traveled you but another part was overjoyed that you returned his feelings. You continued to pack a few things for your trip.

"Oh? You're leaving today?" She tilted her head to the side.

"Yeah, they're really in a rush to leave."

"Should I tell Alois for you."

"Don't bother. I left a note on his dresser. If he asks, either tell him about the note or just tell him yourself. Doesn't matter to me," You picked up your crossbody travel bag and put on neatly. Your hand went to the doorknob and you turned it. Before you left you turned around to say one more thing to Hannah, which gave Alois time to hide so he wasn't caught, "I'll see you in a few days."

The guests climbed into the carriage with your help. Alois and Hannah stood outside the mansion to say their goodbyes. You climbed into the front of the carriage and signaled your horse to go. It took two days for you to get them home and two days for you to get back. In that four day span, you had managed to get yourself into a few fights. Mostly with nature. Once you arrived back at the mansion, you tended to your horse for hours and did whatever needed to be done. It was all busy work to avoid any kind of contact with Alois, who had been watched you for some reason. This went on for days and Alois was getting fed up. He had been trying to get your attention for so long and you were ignoring him.

One day, he called you into his room. You were angry but it's been a while since you talked to him so it wouldn't be that bad, hopefully. You knocked on the door and heard a faint 'come in' from the other side. Alois was staring out of his window with his hands behind his back.

"Sit," That was the first thing he said to you. You did as he said and sat on his bed. Your eyes were fixed on his blonde hair like you were trying to burn a hole through his head. He finally turned around and lifted your face with his fingers to look at him, "Why the fuck have you been ignoring me and not giving attention?!" He asked angrily. You were so close to snapping but decided to keep your cool.

"Oh, I thought I was too insignificant and worthless and ugly that my attention doesn't matter. You seemed perfectly fine without it." You glared at each other for a few seconds until he abruptly pushed you down onto the bed and layed on top of you, wrapping his arms around your torso.

"Why would you think that!? I was dying without your attention. It was so hard not talking to you. I'm sorry for being so rude to you. I never meant it. I just didn't know how to tell you that I love you. I heard your conversation with Hannah. Please don't go. I need you. I'll do anything. " He whined like a child. You were shocked that he said all of that in one breath, and that he loves you, and that he heard your conversation.

"Nobody has ever given me as many headaches as you have," you covered your red, warm face with your hands and sighed. Your arms then wrapped around his neck and one of your hands played with his hair, "But, you're worth it. I love you too, Alois. I do have a request though."

"What is it?" His voice was muffled since his face was buried in your chest. He squeezed your chubby rolls in anticipation.

"You have to stop insulting me. It really hurts my feelings."

"Anything for you, my sweet. I'm sorry. I'll never do it again." He declared, looking up from your chest.

"Good." He wouldn't let go and the two of you fell asleep in his bed, still in the same position. From that day forward, Alois kept his word and wasn't rude to you in any way. The two of you became inseparable and you finally understood why you loved him.