Lev Haiba

You saw Lev walking over to you and your friend group from the corner of your eye. As soon as your expression changed, they already knew who was coming over.

"Didn't you get paired with him for the project?" One of your friends questioned, you rolled your eyes remembering hearing the teacher call both of your names together.

"Unfortunately. I swear I'm getting closer and closer to punching him in the throat." You clenched your fists. Your friends laughed, knowing that you sort of had a crush on him.

"That's if you could catch me first. And that doesn't seem too likely," he chimed in and looked you up and down. You knew full well he was calling you fat. You clenched your fist a bit tighter and turned to him, ignoring his comment.

"Need something?"

"Yeah. We need to work on the project."

"It just got assigned-"

"So? Let's do it now so we can get it over with."

"..." you thought about it for a second, he had a good point. You relaxed a bit and looked up at him, "... fine."

You and Lev stayed in the library after school, working on the project. You two bickered the whole time, he would slyly insult your weight and you'd insult him back, trying your hardest not to punch him in the jaw.

The next few days you and Lev would meet in the library after school. Each day you two would bicker less and less. You could almost have a conversation without verbally attacking each other.

One day you had threw a white board as if it were a Frisbee. The board ended up hitting Lev in the throat, which you didn't intend on happening, you were just trying to toss it to him. After letting out a gasp, you rushed to his and looked his throat. You could already see the bruise forming. Inspecting the reddened area lead you to admiring the rest of him. You looked up and made eye contact with him. Both of you just stared, intrigued with each other, curious to see what would happen next. After intensely staring for a few seconds, you pulled away before he leaned forward. You told him you'd be back, making him curious as to where you were going.

"I'm gonna go find you an ice pack. I'm not going anywhere special." You said in a matter-of-fact kind of tone. Lev stood up and began walking by your side. You gave him a confused and annoyed look.

"What? I'm coming with you." You didn't have the energy to fight with him so you just continued walking.

The librarian had no ice so you both gathered your things and headed across the street. While walking, Lev tripped and fell forward onto his face. You paused and covered your mouth to hold in your laugh before taking a few steps and kneeling at his side.

"Lev?" He stayed quiet. You rolled your eyes and poked his shoulder a few times, "Lev you're such a drama queen. Get up." He lifted his head to reveal his embarrassed face that was littered with scratches. You sighed, changing your destination to any nearby pharmacy, and stood up, holding your hands out for Lev to grab. After he got up, you noticed he was now riddled with cuts. Without saying anything you turned around and motioned your hand for him to follow.

About 10 minutes later you two finally ended up at a pharmacy (a store like Walgreens or CVS that has more than medical stuff in it). You were walking down the aisle that had bandages and rubbing alcohol when Lev walked up to you with a book in his hand.

"What're you reading?"

"I don't know. I picked it up because I thought it would be good but... I don't like... a lot about the book."

"Like what?" You absent mindedly asked while looking for something while squatting.

"The plot. The first few pages suck."

"I'm sure it gets better."

"The characters are pretty cringey, especially what they call each other."

"Character development totally doesn't exist. I'm sure that was done for a reason."

"I hate it."

"Then why are you still reading it?"

"It's so bad."

"Then stop reading it." You looked up at him and squinted.

"What was the author thinking? The publisher too. It's so-"

"Put the damn book down then!"  You stood up and tried to grab the book but he held it in the air. It was a trap, he ended up wrapping his arm around you and pulling you into his chest. You just froze and avoided eye contact as much as you could. Lev smiled as he watched you bashfully look to the side.

"Aw C'mon. Look at me Y/n. I'll be nice," He spoke with amusement in his voice. He frowned a little when he saw you wouldn't look at him. So, he put the book down and gently cupped your cheek to turn your head and face him. You were still being stubborn and looked somewhere else, "Y/n," you finally looked at him and found a look in his eyes that you had never seen before. A lump formed in your throat and your cheeks grew hot as you attempted to keep your cool, "I really like you, you know?"

"Lev. Did you really do all that just to say you like me. We are in no way friends."

"I don't think you understand. I like you," you thought about for a second, your eyes widened at the realization.

This was probably a good time to tell him how you felt. But you had to be sure he wasn't messing with you, "Are you joking?" Lev shook his head and kept the calm, serious look on his face, "Then..." you sighed, not knowing why you're doing this, "I like you too. But you gotta stop insulting my weight. I might kill you in your sleep." You felt better after getting that off your chest. Lev squeezed you close and randomly kissed your face a few times before you wriggled out of his grip.

"Let's do that later. The pharmacy is about to close." Lev nodded, following you with a lovestruck expression.

The next day when everyone saw you two getting along and hugging, all hell broke loose, they thought the world was ending.

(A/n:... ... ... there's one part in this that I hope you guys will understand... that's all imma say.)