Kakuzu

Y/n's POV

Me and Kakuzu, thankfully not Hidan, were on a mission. It's been a while since we've been to the base. We've been gone for about a week now and honestly, I'm kinda enjoying it. That's saying a lot for someone who doesn't like leaving the comfort of their home very often. The only reason why it's sorta enjoyable is because of Kakuzu. Sure he's old but he's strong, and smart, and still hot... anyway. We usually stop in a village for the night so we can rest, but since there was no village around, we were looking for a cave for temporary shelter and because I got a kunai thrown at my leg, which unfortunately didn't miss, and it's been causing problems. Luckily, Kakuzu agreed to treat it once we found a place to settle and for some strange reason he didn't ask for money in exchange. He's been doing that for a while now, not charging me for little things like he does everyone else. It felt kinda nice being treated differently, in a good way, by the man I fell head over heels for. While we looking for a cave, a group of rogue ninjas attacked. Me being injured didn't help the situation at all but I still stood my ground.

"Y/n get behind me. You're already injured. Don't make it worse." He mumbled loud enough for only me to hear. I did as he said and stayed behind him, watching his back just in case they decided to attack from behind.

As Kakuzu fought most of ninjas off, two of the came sprinting at me to start a fight. I didn't get into a fighting stance and instead acted too injured to move, as trick. My plan worked and they were about to kill me but I backed up and they crashed into each other and I used a powerful jutsu to finish them off. With a sigh, I turned around and limped to Kakuzu's side.

"That was quick. I'm not surprised. I've seen you take down almost a whole army by yourself with a broken arm and a wounded leg. Still impressed." He technically complimented me which made me giddy inside.

By night time, we had found a suitable cave. It was pretty spacious and was pretty deep. We were kind of in the middle of the entrance of the cave and the very back of it. We made a fire to keep us warm but it was still freezing. The only thing that was warm was my leg because Kakuzu was treating it. His hands were surprisingly warm and soft. It felt like a message and the pain melted almost completely away. My cheeks heated up as he looked at wound on my bare chubby thigh. He securely wrapped it and pulled down my pant leg.

"Thank you, Kakuzu. How can I repay you?" He looked at me with what I'm assuming is a nonchalant expression. I couldn't really tell because of the mask.

"Don't worry about it for now. Just get some rest. You'll need it for tomorrow."

"Okay. Goodnight." He grunted in response as he layed down in his sleeping bag.

I did the same and used my cloak as a pillow. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't sleep. It was because I was super cold, even with the fire. I tossed and turned and curled up to try to help me sleep. That went on for almost an hour and it irritated Kakuzu.

"Will you stop moving around so much? I can't sleep."

"Sorry. I'm just extremely cold..." I apologized

It was silent for a few minutes until I decided to speak up again.

"Hey Kakuzu? Are you awake?"

"What do you need?"

"This may sound like a weird or strange request but and you don't have to do it, could I possibly share a sleeping bag with you? I can't sleep because of how cold I am and-"

"*sigh* come here." He opened up his huge sleeping bag and placed his hand on the spot he wanted me to lay on. I happily jumped up and hurried over to lay with Kakuzu. He didn't turn his back to me, instead he faced my direction. After about an hour, I unconsciously started cuddling up to him and snuggled into his chest. I heard him grumble a bit but didn't pay any attention to it. He moved back a little which woke me up.

"Kakuzu? Why'd you move? Come back~" I whined half asleep

"Just go back to sleep." He turned his back to me

"Fine. I love you, you grumpy bastard." Still half asleep, I unconsciously confessed and wrapped my arms around his torso. He tensed up and grabbed my hand.

"What did you say?"

"I said that out loud didn't I... no going back now. I said, I love you, you grumpy bastard. I know you probably don't feel the same but oh well. I couldn't hold it in."

Kakuzu turned around and pulled his mask off, revealing his full face and hair. My heart started pounding and hear rose to my cheeks. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, he smashed his lips into mine and kissed me lovingly. My face was burning hot as he put his chin on the top of my head. Kakuzu cuddled me and squeezed my chubby/curvy body.

"I love you too."

"I... wow... you're a really good kisser. And you're really warm. I hit the jackpot." He chuckled and we fell asleep in each other's warmth.