Tanaka Ryuunosuke

"So you don't have a crush on him anymore?"

"Nope," your friend squinted at you, suspicious of your answer. You couldn't take it and rolled your eyes, "Okay I still kinda do. But it's not as big as it used to be. He's super interested in Kiyoko so I've basically given up." You shrugged and leaned against the wall. You guys were waiting on a friend.

"Speaking of those two... Look over there," your friend pointed at Kiyoko and Tanaka. Kiyoko seemed highly annoyed, you covered your mouth and snickered. She's your friend but you couldn't help laughing at her expression. You wondered what he was saying that was bothering her so much. He was actually begging her to give him your phone number. She knew you wouldn't like that and kept refusing. She eventually got him to leave her alone and made her way over to you two.

"Boy trouble?" You joked. Kiyoko let out a stiff chuckle and nodded with a sigh. When you saw who you had been waiting for, you got off the wall and excused yourself, "I'll be right back." Your friend waited until you were far enough to talk to Kiyoko. They turned to her with excited eyes.

"Is he still asking about Y/n?" Kiyoko nodded with an awkward laugh.

"He won't give up. He really wants her number but I made a promise to Y/n," your friend knew she wouldn't break, so they were going to take matters into their own hands. A mischievous smile spread on their face as they concocted a plan in their mind, "What's with the face? You're not going to give him her number are you?"

"Maybe, maybe not. I'll handle this though. He won't be bothering you anymore." They chuckled. Kiyoko awkwardly laughed, not sure about what they meant.

A few days later, you got a text from a random number. You freaked out a bit, but something told you to respond. So, after him messing with you a bit, Tanaka finally admitted that it was him.

He texts you quite often, he's very flirty. But for the most part he's a gentleman and makes you laugh. Lately he's been asking you to hang out with him after school. You find it cute that he's too nervous to ask you in person. Your friend encourages you to go hangout with him which is good because otherwise you wouldn't go. The time you spend together makes the crushes you have on each other stronger. He surprisingly gets really nervous when he's around you. But he does his best to keep his cool to not make his crush so obvious. You can kinda see that he has feelings, but you brush it off thinking you're just being dramatic.

One day while hanging out with him, he ended up getting in a fight over you. You two were minding your own business, at the movies, getting popcorn and drinks. You had left him for a few minutes to use the restroom and maybe buy some candy. While you were away, he overheard some girls snickering and talking about you. It didn't take long for him to pop off on them. As he defended you, one of their boyfriends came over and got in his face to try and intimidate him. He wasn't backing down though and stood his ground. That ultimately ended in a fight that Tanaka won. You walked out of the restroom, wiping your hands with paper towels right before it began. By the time you had pushed through the crowd, the fight was over and the other couple, along with their third wheel, left the area. You instinctively checked him for any injuries. After finding a few cuts, you dragged him out of the theater and to the nearest pharmacy type store(like Walgreens) and got a whole first aid kit.

You sat in the car, cleaning and patching him up. Your soft touch and gentleness made his heart pound. When you finished, you slightly glared at him as he avoided your gaze.

"...what?" He muttered like he didn't know what was wrong.

"What do you mean 'what'? The hell was that all about?" Your tone was a bit dramatic.

"..."

"Tanaka..."

"These girls were talking about you and I got mad then yelled at them then that guy came over and we fought." He grumbled, embarrassed

"I can't hear you. Speak up please." You held your hand up to your ear, still being dramatic. He groaned and straightened up.

"I said these girls were talking about you and I got mad and yelled then that guy came over and we fought." Tanaka crossed his arms and pouted, slouching but his back was against the car seat now. After hearing his explanation, you weren't that angry. You were flattered that he'd do that for you. With a smile of admiration and gratefulness, you turned to him. He glanced at you from the corner of his eye, the red on his cheeks deepening by the second. He couldn't help it and eventually gazed back at you.

"Do you like me? Like more than a friend?" You blurted out, not thinking. His eyes widened and he looked to the side again.

"Y-yeah. Was it that obvious?" You laughed internally and put your hand on his.

"Yeah. But I'm glad because I like you too. I was honestly thinking that you only wanted Kiyoko since you talked to her so much." You admitted. Tanaka looked at you with raised eyebrows, a little surprised by your assumption.

"Oh that. I was just asking for your number but she never gave it to me." You finally let out a small laugh that was cut off when you remembered something you've been wanting to ask him.

"Speaking of my number. How'd you get it? I've been meaning to ask," Your head tilted to the side a little. He scratched the back of his neck, contemplating if he should tell you his source, "It was F/n(Friend's name) wasn't it?" He sucked in a sigh and looked into your eyes again with an apologetic smile.

"Yeah. But don't be mad," he intertwined his fingers with your's, you two glancing at your hands for a second, "I'm glad she did. I finally got the girl of my dreams." He smiled bashfully. You gushed and kissed his cheek at his charm.

"Whatever I guess. You owe me a movie date though." He chuckled to himself and said 'alright' while relaxing in the seat.