Giyu Tomioka

Giyu's POV

I was sitting alone on the forest floor, taking in the fresh air and trying to calm the many thoughts in my head. My heart beat was finally slowing down after hearing some unexpected news half an hour ago. It was almost impossible to for me calm down. Tanjiro soon joined me in sitting on the ground.

"Are you okay, Giyu? You seemed pretty off when Shinobu told us about your friend," Tanjiro spoke up. I hummed and looked to the ground, "If it's troubling you, you shouldn't hold it in. You'll feel better if you talk about it. I'm here to listen." He offered. I continued to stare at the ground for a while until I decided to take his advice.

"She was... more than a friend to me. We weren't romantically involved, though I wish I would've said something at the time," I turned to Tanjiro and he did the same, "She was the kindest girl I've ever known. Her smile was... enchanting and contagious. She was so self conscious, no matter how many times everyone told her how perfect she was. It was almost like she wasn't real. She was just flawless. So caring, and determined, and inspiring, you're a lot like her. I... I had fallen in love with her, but never admitted. We went on missions a lot together. No matter how much I ignored her, she always stayed by my side. She was loyal to those close to her," I sighed remembering each of her expressions, "We were sent on a mission to save a little girl from a small village. We made it in time before the demon killed her, but we got hurt in the process. Nothing life threatening but it was enough to slow us down. The village was far from where we were and she got to know the girl during the trip. She got attached to her very quickly. She's always been like that, bringing candy and goods for kids, playing with them, she was a natural mother. Everyone loved her. Anyway, we got to the girl's village and they showed us their appreciation by letting us stay with them. They nursed us back to full health. She could always be found playing with the village kids, whether it was a board game, hide and seek, or kick ball. It didn't matter to her, as long as she knew they were all right and happy. Even though she came off carefree, she was fierce in battle, though I could always tell she was holding back," I smiled remembering seeing her with the village kids, "One day we were scouting the area and left the village for a while, we split up and ended up finding the village on fire. Nobody was hurt, but the demons around were trying to taunt us. They didn't get to me, but they made her snap. One demon said that he ate all the children and she lost it. Her aura changed and the sky got dark. She dropped her swords and ran at the demons. I thought she was crazy at first. We had already ran into other demons in the woods and were injured again. The fight wasn't in her favor. They laughed at her and one put a hole in her stomach. It didn't matter though, she was still determined to kill. She used at least 3 different breathing styles that day, she was always afraid of it for some reason. She killed the demons with her bare hands. Then she went on a rampage. I tried to stop her but it wouldn't work. She ended up completely destroying the village, the only thing that stopped her was the look on the little girl's face." A tear fell as her heartbroken face flashed in my mind. She never showed any emotion other than happiness. Seeing the complete opposite shattered me.

"Monster... I'm a monster..." you looked down at your blood covered hands. "Y/n you're not a monster. Come here." Giyu begged. The you looked around and realized you completely destroyed the village. Tears rapidly fell to the ground as realization hit you, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... I-" you fell to the ground and a cloud of smoke concealed you, once it went away, you were gone. Giyu frantically looked around for you. There was no sign of the direction you could've went in.

"What happened to her?" Tanjiro asked

"She vanished. She cried and vanished. I... she was so hurt and I couldn't help her. I haven't seen her since. I heard that she went into a coma and died. I was heartbroken. But... I feel so much better now that she's visiting. I just don't know how I'll react."

*to you*

You greeted everyone with a huge warm grin. You knew there were kids there and you brought sweets. You layed out the sweets after introducing yourself. You noticed a girl with large eyes and long hair and bamboo in her mouth. You could tell she was a demon but you didn't care, she was peaceful. She reminded you of the girl from your last mission and you approached her.

"Hi there." You smiled broadly and held out your hand, "I'm Y/n. What's your name?" The girl just stared at you for a few seconds before hugging you. You were confused at first but you hugged her back and patted her head. You stayed with that group for about an hour and styled Nezuko's hair while you talked everyone. She enjoyed it and hugged you when you finished. After finding out where Giyu wad, you headed off to find him.

It didn't take long, about 10 minutes, to find him and red haired boy sitting on the ground, talking with each other. You held onto some sweets after you heard there was one more kid. You strolled up to the two and smiled warmly at the boy.

"Hi there. I'm Y/n and this is for you," You handed him a basket of sweets, "Oh by the way, I met your sister and may or may not have played with her hair a bit, heh. She's so adorable." You gushed

"Oh. Thank you, Y/n. I'm Tanjiro. I'll leave you two alone for now." Tanjiro stood up and waved.

Giyu embraced you before you could even look at him. The two of you cried into each other's shoulders for a bit before he spoke up.

"I missed you. So much. I'm sorry. I love you and I wish I would've told you at the time. Before the mission, before the village, before the attack." He sighed shakily.

"But... I killed everyone in the village. I'm a monster. How could you love me?" You whimpered

"You didn't kill anyone except the demons. They were all okay. You just destroyed the village. You're not a monster. You're the kindest, warmest, prettiest woman I know. I've never met anyone like you. Don't leave me again. Please." He hugged tighter and you nodded in his chest. Giyu kissed the top of your head and continued to weep a bit.

"We have a lot of catching up to do. And you better not ignore me or give me one word responses." You chuckled, looking up at Giyu. He smiled and kissed your forehead while intertwining his fingers with yours. You two walked to the group, hand in hand, ready for the many questions and the inevitable shock from everyone else.