Dabi

You and Dabi walked through the alleys to avoid being seen. He hadn't said a word to you since you were assistant this mission. Come to think of it, he's never actually said anything to you. You greet him every day but he won't say anything back. He won't even grunt or mumble anything. The most he'll do is glare at you in annoyance. That didn't stop you from liking him though.

You were confused about why he was still following you around when you guys already finished the mission. You were literally free to do whatever you want. You decided to see if he was actually following you or if he was just going in the same direction or taking the same route as you.

Turns out he was following you. After missions you usually like to sit on top of buildings and just look at the city. That's why you always get back late. There was a strange tension in the air and you didn't know what to say so you just sat in the awkward silence.

"Why are we up here Y/n?" He finally spoke. He finally said something to you. You looked at him with sarcastically shocked face as he lit a cigarette.

"Here I was thinking you were too cool to talk to me. How long have I been apart of the league? A few years now, I can't remember. You haven't said one word to me the whole time. Hell, I've had full conversations with Hawks and I can't fucking stand him. Tell me, cool guy, what's on your mind? What did I do to be blessed with your words?" You looked at him with the most aggravated smile ever.

"Seems like you have a problem. Am I not allowed to talk to you now?"

"Oh no. You are. I'm just so surprised that such a cool guy like you decided to talk to me." You laughed as you prepared to take your leave.

"Fuck you." He took a puff of his cigarette.

"Fuck youu." You said while intentionally falling backwards off the building. This wasn't anything unusual, you always did this. He's just been around to see it so he didn't know how to process it.

"Y/n!" He dropped his cigarette and peered over the edge of the building to see you falling like nothing was wrong.

"Don't wait up tough guy!" You shouted before activating your quirk and laughing.

You had been gone for hours. Everyone knew you got back late, but this wasn't normal. You were usually back before 12 AM. It's already 2:30 in the morning and you still weren't back. Dabi waited for you. He always does. You never realized it, but everytime you get back from doing whatever, he was either at the bar or somewhere around the base no matter what time it was. He would leave whenever you got back.

You walked into the bar at 2:38, full of injuries. You trudged into the bar as quietly as possible, pulling some kind of debris out of your arm. You gasped as quietly as you could and looked up to see if anyone noticed you. It was pretty empty. The only other person in there was Dabi. And he was staring at you, but not like he usually does.

"What're you lookin at, tough guy?"

"What the hell happened to you?"

"I'll tell you if you tell me what you're doing in here this late." You leaned on the bar next to him and winced at the pain

"Only if you tell me what happened first." You squinted your eyes at his smug smirk.

"Fine. After I left, I got into it with a couple of... 'bad guys', who I really underestimated. It wasn't any of my business but I couldn't just let a kid and puppy get killed for no reason."

"Look at that. You have a heart."

"Whatever. What are you still doing up?"

"*sigh* Waiting on you." He took a sip of his drink

"You're bad at telling jokes."

"It wasn't a joke."

"Oh... why would you be waiting on me?" You tilted your head to the side and looked at him. He turned to you, looked at you with glossy eyes and got up from the stool. He stood over you

"Well, I may or may not have fallen in love with you. And before you ask, I've loved you for a while. Yes, even when I was ignoring you. I was just afraid of embarrassing myself because you're so perfect. We can talk about the details later, Right now, you just need to know that I love you and I want you to be little mouse." He hugged you and you tensed up. Not just because that was unexpected, you were still full of injuries.

"I... love you too tough guy. Here, I got you something while I was out." You handed a him a custom lighter with his name on it, "I was gonna give it to you regardless but this just made it easier."

"It's amazing, little mouse. Now let's go get you cleaned up before you bleed out."

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea. Let's go do that. I don't know how I forgot about that twice." You and Dabi went to your room and you were talkative the whole way there and in there and during the whole night. That's what years of not talking to someone does to you. You eventually talked yourself to sleep and held onto Dabi with a death grip so he couldn't get up and leave.