Kento Nanami

(A/n: This is chapter is quite a bit of a spoiler if you haven't read past the show or if you haven't gotten to the Shibuya incident. You have been warned. Also I really like doing chapters like this. What do you guys think of them?)

Nanami took in his surroundings, they changed in the blink of an eye. First he was encouraging Yuji to fight, now he's on a beach in Malaysia. He dropped his dull knife, his glasses following after, inhaling the fresh air with closed eyes. He looked down and felt his face to see that he was no longer burned. It was over. Nanami spaced out for a while, not realizing that you had walked up to him. A small gasp came out of his mouth when he saw you.

"I'm glad you didn't follow so soon." You smiled softly and spoke in hushed tone of voice, cupping Nanami's cheek. He scanned your features, trying to make sure it was really you. He didn't want this to be an illusion, his heart wouldn't be able to take it. Nanami hesitantly placed his hand on top of your's, wrapping his fingers around the top of your hand. A single tear fell from his eye.

"I couldn't tell him. I didn't have the heart to." Nanami sobbed, you were cupping both cheeks now and his hands clasped your's. He tried his best to hold all of his emotions back and you could tell. But he was safe now, and this is is the best time to do it.

"Nanami, it's okay. Itadori's a strong willed kid, he probably wouldn't have listened anyway. He's gonna be alright," you wiped his face with the bottom of your shirt, "You did all you could. You did the right thing. The fighting is over. It's time to rest now." He stared at you for a few seconds, with a sorrowful pout, tears steadily streaming down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, maintaining eye contact, "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me most," nore tears flooded out of his eyes,, "I-I wish things could've been different. I wish I was there to help you. To make sure you were okay. Something..." he sighed and looked to the ground, prompting you to pull him into you. Nanami's arms snaked around your waist and squeezed you, something he missed dearly. With his face buried in your neck, he sobbed, "I should've been there. But I put my job over you," he fell to his knees, making you stagger a bit, but you stayed standing as he kneeled and buried his face in your stomach. Nanami poured his heart out, his cries were muffled but you heard the clearly, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He repeated, feeling like saying it once would never be enough.

You ran your fingers through his hair and rubbed his back, "It's alright Nanami. I forgive you. Nothing matters now." You spoke in that hushed tone again. Nanami refused to pull away. He wanted to hold you forever, seeing that he had taken you for granted. His thumb gently stroked your lower back as he calmed down.

"You do?" He asked in a hoarse voice.

"Yes, it's alright Nanami. You couldn't have now it was going to happen that day." You rubbed his shoulders.

"But I should've. I should've payed more attention to you. I abandoned you in your most vulnerable time. I... I took you for granted Y/n. How could you forgive me?" He tightened his grip a bit. You sat down next him and looked him in the eyes, a little smile was on your face as he finally made eye contact with you.

"Because I love you Nanami. I know you didn't mean to do it on purpose. You just didn't know, and that's okay. I'd never put you at fault for something you didn't know about. And before you say 'but I should've', it doesn't matter now. We're together again. No more fighting, no more curses, no more wondering if we'd see each other again. It's just me and you now. Just like we always wanted." You scooted closer and rested your head on his shoulder. He dissected every word that came out of your mouth. He felt a weight being lifted, hearing that you forgave him. Nanami shed his last few tears as he placed a kiss on your forehead, and rested his head on top of your's.

"Thank you," he whispered softly, intertwining his fingers with your's, "for everything."