King

(A/n: remember in stardust crusaders how Holly, Jotaro's mom, was dying bc of Dio and she had all those vines around her and stuff? Yea well that's what happening to you but everyone can see it. I hope it makes a little sense as you read)
King worriedly observed you as you rested in your bed. He fidgeted with his fingers and anxiously tapped his foot. You had been in this comatose state for almost a month now. Merlin was trying to figure out was wrong with you, but so far she's had little to no luck. Everyday King comes and checks up on you, asking Merlin if anything changed. The answer is usually 'no', which he expects. Though, there is quite a bit of hope within him that you'll wake up. The thought of losing you to whatever happened scares him. He can't lose another important person in his life, especially not you.

Merlin walks into the room to see King with his head down, his hair covering his eyes and shoulders shaking a little. She put a hand on his shoulder, observing your body to see if anything had changed. She noticed your hand returned to normal and wasn't riddled with vines like the rest of your body. She contemplated whether she should say something or not. Before she could make the decision, King spoke up.

"A-anything new?" He sniffed. His question was a sign that she needed to speak up.

"Yes actually. See her hand?" Merlin pointed, "It's not like the rest of her body. It seems normal, which could be a sign that she's getting better." King's eyes widened, he hadn't noticed that when he held your hand.

"I- All I did was hold her hand..." he thought out loud. Merlin turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

"That's the hand you touched?" King nodded and Merlin turned back to you, "Interesting," she thought for a few seconds before getting an idea, "Touch her again." He looked at her confused, but did it after seeing that she was confident the outcome wouldn't be negative. He put his hand on your arm and sure enough it went back to normal. Both of them were shocked, Merlin didn't say anything and watched as King healed you even more.

He cupped your cheeks and watched as your face starting returning to normal, "Y/n?" He got no response, "Wake up. I just want you to wake up," His thumbs stroked your cheeks and a tear fell on your cheek. After a few more seconds of staring, he noticed you started stirring. Merlin wanted to intervene, but let King do his thing since it seemed like it was working. You slowly cracked your eyes open, squinting your eyes at the bright light. Before you could say anything, King smashed his lips against your's. The shock and the fact that you just woke up preventer you from kissing back. But he didn't mind, he was just glad to see you awake. He pulled you into his chest after pulling away. He let out a shaky sigh, his tears slowly sliding down his cheeks, "You're back..." he whispered.

"I was gone...?" Yoy questioned, half asleep. He laughed a little and kissed your forehead before looking into your eyes.

"Not necessarily. You were in a coma and we didn't know if you were going to get up." He gave you an awkward smile, he was just trying not to cry. A drunken smile spread across your face as you somewhat processed what he said.

"Sorry to cut your reunion short, but I need to run some tests on you Y/n. If you don't mind of course." Merlin spoke

"That's fine. I hope they aren't painful because..." you rambled and started falling asleep a little, cutting yourself off. King just lovingly stared at you, more than happy to have you back.