Josuke Higashikata

I was strolling around the streets of Morioh with no specific destination in mind. My hands were in the pockets of (f/c) sweatpants. My (h/l) (h/c) hair lightly fluttered because of the cool breeze. The breeze caused my (s/f/c) jacket to fly a little, sending chills down my spine, so I zipped it up and continued my pointless stroll. It was the weekend and I had nothing to do. I had already finished everything in every video game I own. I've finished my homework, cleaned my room, did all my chores, and now I have nothing to do. A small sigh escaped my mouth and I slightly frowned. As my walk was about to come to an end, a familiar voice called out to me. My head quickly whipped around to see who it was. Koichi was vigorously waving at me as he caught up with me.

"Hey Koichi. How's it going?"

"You walk pretty fast. I was looking for Josuke but I can't find him. Do you mind if I walk with you?"

"I don't mind. I don't have anything better to do."

"Oh! Then you can help me find Josuke!"

"Koichi, I don't want him to see me like this. You know I like him..."

"Y/n you look great no matter what. Let's go find him."

Koichi pulled me along and we basically ran around Morioh in order to find Josuke. My cheeks flushed thinking about his reaction if he saw me like this. I'm already insecure around him and this is just going to make it worse. We turned the corner and ran into a dead end.

"Koichi *huff* you know I don't run *huff* maybe we should *huff* try again tomorrow."

"Sorry. Want to come to my house?"

"Sure." As I took a step foward, I tripped on a rock and almost fell on my face. Luckily, my stand caught me and pulled me back.

"Woah, Y/n. I didn't know you had a stand."

"That's what this is called? I've had a 'stand' for a while. Nobody ever said anything so I just assumed it was something other people couldn't see."

"Josuke has one too. I'm sure he'd love to see yours."

"I doubt it. He doesn't even like seeing me on a normal day. Why would he want to see my stand?"

"He does like seeing you Y/n. He actually l-" Koichi was interrupted by thunder. We looked at each other and decided to book it to his house. Fortunately, it wasn't that far and he knew a short cut.

When we made it to his house, there were two people standing at his doorstep. I looked at Koichi and he was flustered for some reason. He told me to wait while in the living room after he pushed the two people into his house. When I walked in, I didn't see them so I assumed they were upstairs. I shrugged it off and sat on the couch.

Josuke's POV

"Geez, I didn't think that she'd be here, okay? I thought she'd be at her house or something." I told Koichi.

"It's not your fault. I didn't plan on her coming but I couldn't find you and she looked down so I invited her over. Did you get the stuff?"

"I got the bear, chocolate, manga, sketchbook, pencils... oh I forgot the game."

"You forgot the game?!"

"No. I have it right here. I just didn't see it."

"Okay, you guys make it look like a gift and I'll distract her downstairs."

"Okay. We'll get you when we're done."

"Josuke, you should stay upstairs to keep it a surprise, Okuyasu should come get me." We agreed on that and started making the gifts look pretty. I planned on confessing to Y/n how I feel about her.

While wrapping one of her gifts, I started daydreaming about her charming smile, cute giggle and goofy laugh, her beautiful chubby/curvy body that I just want to hold onto and never let go of, and her incredible personality. I just wish that she was more comfortable around me. She's always so timid and quiet around me. But whe  she's with Koichi or anyone else, she's herself. I was brought back to reality by the loud sound of thunder followed by heavy rain. The TV downstairs had an emergency alert on it saying to stay indoors. That kind of helped my situation. Okuyasu convinced me to get rose petals and we'd spread them around the gift and make a trail from the stairs leading to the room. Once we finished, Okuyasu signaled to Koichi that it was okay to come up.

Y/n's POV

Koichi told me that there was a surprise for me upstairs. He's not really one to joke around so I trusted him. When I got to the stairs, there were rose petals on each step. I looked back at Koichi and he just shrugged. I began ascending up the stairs and followed the trail of petals to his room. My palms got sweaty and my cheeks were light pink. I opened the door and was greeted by even more rose petals, but these lead to Josuke. My cheeks heated up even more as we stared at each other with embarrassed looks on our faces. He cleared his throat and smiled. He motioned for me to come closer and I did. In Josuke's hands was a huge gift basket full of things that I like.

"Y-Y/n... uh we're going to be here for a while and I've been wanting to confess to you and I figured what better time than now? Uh... I love you. Everything about you. I don't care about what other people say, it won't change how I feel about you. You're perfect and... it would make me so happy if I could be your boyfriend." Josuke warmly smiled. Tears were streaming down my cheeks and I kept wiping them with my sleeves.

"You really mean it?" I managed to say. Josuke nodded in response and I tackled him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me closer to him. My eyes locked with his and I could see the love in his eyes. My lips curled into a huge smile.

"I love you too, Josuke."

Our faces got closer and closer until we eventually kissed each other lovingly.