Garou

(A/n: bringing my bby back lmao 💓)

Did I just witness a crime- I- dear God why do I get myself into these situations?

Knock knock knock

Shit he followed me?! Please...

My hand covered my mouth as I tried to control my breathing and calm down, I was still recovering from running all the way home. With a deep breath, I turned around to peek through the peephole. To my dismay, Garou had followed me home.

"Y/n I know you're in there. Just open the door." My eyes widened and my heart started beating out of my chest while thinking of an escape plan.

'I can just run out of the back door, how is he gonna know. God I hope he doesn't have really good hearing. It can't be that bad... If he wanted me dead, I'd be dead... I'll just... be cautious...'

I tiptoed to my kitchen and quietly grabbed the biggest knife I could find at the time. What was that gonna do to someone like Garou? Not sure, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I took another deep breath and regained my composure before opening the door slightly. He wasn't even facing me, his guard was down. When I opened the door he calmly turned around and met my gaze. And of course, he noticed the knife. I wasn't as scared as I was earlier, maybe because the look in his eyes wasn't one of hostility or a desire for violence.

"Why do you have a knife?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"No particular reason..." I backed up a bit and tightened my grip on the knife, "Just being cautious, y'know?" I tried to swallow the lump in my throat as the anxiety from earlier slowly came back.

"How much did you see back there?" His face relaxed somewhat, his expression changed to one of worry, he seemed genuinely concerned. I noticed he was loosely clenching his fists.

"Uhh... probably more than I needed to," he wasn't satisfied with my answer, I could tell by the look on his face and the way he shifted uncomfortably, "I saw everything..." I shuddered thinking of the brutal fight I witnessed between him and an A class hero. At the time, I was too scared to run away and I froze up so unfortunately I saw the whole thing. For some reason I snapped out of my little daze when Garou noticed I was there and I ran before he could say anything.

"You're not scared of me, right?" He asked lowly

"... well... I..." It was hard to decide. He hasn't done anything directly to me that would make me not trust him... yet. And I do feel safe around him. I guess I'm just shocked from earlier and still can't process it. Garou lifted his hand to put it on my shoulder, I instictively flinched and moved away.

He looked hurt by my actions, "Y/n... please. I promise I won't hurt you." His voice cut out a bit like he was tearing up and getting ready to cry. I felt bad and put the knife down somewhere safe. I didn't mean to put him in distress, I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

"No, no, no, Garou it's fine," I blurted, "I'm still a bit shook up from earlier," I put my hand on his shoulder, pretty sure he wasn't injured there, "It's alright I promise," I assumed he still needed some convincing and took it upon myself to hug his torso. Why? Not too sure. He was tense for a few seconds but eventually accepted it. I gently nuzzled my cheek into his chest and pulled him a bit closer, "See? It's all good." Garou finally wrapped his arms around me, returning the hug. He rested his chin on the top of my head and unconsciously rubbed my back.

"Good..." he whispered, "You're a real pain in the ass you know that?" He chuckled to himself, saying something else under his breath.

"Yeah and you stink, I shouldn't be hugging you but here we are." I tried to pull away to get a better look at him and hopefully get him to take a shower. But he pulled me back.

"Can we stay like this... just a little longer?" I gushed internally at his question, he's so adorable right now.

"Sure. Let's just close the front door and lay down on the couch or something."