King

"You've been waiting for years now. I don't think he's coming back." Your long time friend, F/n(friends name) stated. They've been pretty pessimistic about King coming back to see you like he promised so many years ago. You've been waiting ever since. It's probably been about two hundred years now, you're not sure, you lost track a while ago.

"That maybe true but I'm not listening to you. Not after the last time." You remarked

"Hey that was an acci-"

"No it wasn't! I almost got decapitated! You knew what you- shhh someone's coming." Your hand was on your friends arm, signaling them to lay low. Someone stood outside of your forest, calling your name. The voice sounded somewhat familiar but you weren't taking any chances. You quietly told your friend to maneuver through the trees and watch from above, just in case. They were basically going to cover you while you approached the visitor. They're face was familiar and you almost mistook them for King. This isn't King? Right?

"Y/n... it's been a while." He spoke up

"I'm sorry who are you?"

"I-It's me. King. Remember?"

"Like hell you are! Prove it or get out of my face."

"Prove it? Umm... oh I know. You have a long scar on your lower back and a heart shaped birthmark on your left shoulder blade. A-and I'm the only person who knows about it because you never let anyone see your body and you asked me to help heal you."

"..." your eyes watered as you hung your head.

"Are you alright?"

"Where've you been? I've been waiting for two centuries. Two agonizingly long boring centuries. I missed you so much." You hugged him tightly. King wrapped his arms around your shoulders and played with your hair.

"I'm sorry. I got caught up with... things. But I'm here now."

"You finally grew up."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

You laughed and told your friend it was okay to come down. They greeted King with an attitude and left to do their own thing. Since it was just you and King, you two decided it would be a good idea to catch up. After hours of spending time with King like you had been longing to do, you were falling asleep on his shoulder. He was as red as a tomato but didn't bother you.

"Your wings are pretty, just like your face." You chuckled half asleep. Kings face turned a deeper shade of red at your comment.

"You really haven't changed. I'm glad. I missed you and I was afraid you wouldn't be the same when I came back to see you."

"King?" You glanced up at him, he hummed in response, "Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course. What is it?"

"Don't do that again. Don't leave me for two centuries again. Come visit me from time to time. I know you have other things to deal with and I don't want to stop you from living your life. But please, come and see me sometimes. Can you do that?" Your heart raced and you stiffened, getting ready for him to say no.

"I can. I'll make it a point to cone visit you whenever I can." He answered to your surprise and kissed your forehead. You felt a weight be lifted off your shoulders as you snuggled into his side.

"Thanks."

The two of you slept under the moonlight in each other's arms. King was still there the next morning to make sure that he said goodbye to you. He kept his word and made sure to come see you whenever he could. King confessed his love for you after his 5th visit and it was an eventful day to say the least(I'll leave that to your imagination).