Rui

The only person who actually cared about me and who I... I loved... is gone. Killed by those damn 'demon slayers'! All I wanted was to be happy with a family of my own. I was so close when I she was still here, with me, but now... now it's my turn to go. Hopefully, this means we can be together again, and I can finally be happy.

Rui woke up in a dark place. He was in a disoriented state which was soon accompanied by panic. He could barely see his hands in front of his face. His breathing became ragged and he sat up, looking around to see if he was alone or if there was some kind if escape. In the midst of Rui's panic, he heard the sweet, loving voice he had longed to hear for so long.

"Rui, it's okay. I'm here." He looked up and didn't see anything. He turned around and saw you kneeling in front of him with a kind smile. Rui froze and took in everything. His eyes darted from each of your facial features, analyzing the face before him, just to make sure it was really you. You gently took hold of his hand, making it normal once again. Tears rolled down his cheeks, his once fearful expression now a grateful pout, he looked down at his hand and saw the drastic change it endured. Rui leapt into your arms, clinging to your torso and releasing his pent up anger, grief, and joy. He squeezed your torso, pulling you closer, as he sobbed, face buried in your stomach. Your warmth, your smell, the softness of your body, put him at ease, he finally felt hope and that everything would be alright.

As he sobbed, he gradually turned back into his normal self and the once black void you two were in morphed into the beautiful interior of a home, unfamiliar to you both. You looked up to see a nice, well maintained courtyard outside. Rui turned to examine the scenery as well, in awe at the sudden change. As he looked around, his hand unconciously clasped your's and squeezed it.

"I'm sorry... I'll do better, believe me... I will, I promise. Just please, don't leave me this time. I need you." He turned to you and whispered, tears still treading down his cheeks. You flashed a warm smile and cupped his cheek with your free hand, wiping his tears, and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"It's alright, Rui. I'm not going anywhere. We can stay here and be a family." Rui's eyes lit up at your words. He finally smiled, genuinely happy and overjoyed to hear what he needed to for so long.