Arthur Boyle

(A/n: I wanna do more angst bc like angst but idk what to do- What kinda angst do y'all like? Also what kinda scenarios do y'all like? Please comment so I can overcome this writer's block. Thannnkssss)

His chest heaved as he frantically shot up and looked around the room after calling out your name. He searched the area with his eyes to make sure he was still in the same place he fell asleep. His eyes finally fell on your resting form, relieving him.of the anxiety that bubbled up in his chest. Shinra was out cold and didn't acknowledge the sudden outburst. You were half asleep and unconsciously let out a soft 'hmm' to let him know he had your attention. He was too lost in his thoughts to hear you. Without saying anything, he climbed out of his bunk and left the room after taking one last glance at you.

Arthur silently sat at a desk, trying to collect himself and go back to bed. He unconsciously rubbed his fingers against his palm, thinking about his dream. He couldn't get your screams out of his head. The agonized, pained expression on your face was burned into his brain. He never thought he could remember a dream so vividly. The more he thought about it, the more anxious and uneasy he got. He felt like he was in the dream again. He was stuck, frozen in place as he watched you be devoured by flames. Arthur had never felt so helpless, so worthless, so distraught in his life. A tear slowly tread down his cheek. Instead of wiping it immediately, he let it fall. A few more followed afterward. Arthur leaned forward, his elbows on the desk, his face in his hands, as he silently wept. He took shallow, shaky breaths, sniffling a bit.

You walked, still half asleep, in not too long after he began crying. He hadn't even noticed. You knew he had gotten up and left and your first instinct was to follow him. With a wide, silent yawn, you pulled up a chair next to him sat down. You put an arm around his back and rested your head on his shoulder.

"Arthur? What happened?" He tensed up, you could feel him trembling. After not getting a response, you decided to try and figure it out, "Was it a nightmare?" You felt him nod. You scooted closer and tightened your grip on him and nuzzled into his neck, "Wanna talk about it?" He remained silent for a bit. He finally took his face out of his hands and leaned back in his chair, causing you to readjust. He blankly stared at a random spot on the desk, avoiding eye contact and sniffling.

"I'm a king... and also a knight. And you're my queen," he slightly turned his head to you, "But what kind of knight king would I be if I can't protect my queen?" He gripped his pants tightly.

"Arthur..." you whispered and rubbed circles on his back.

"You still believe in me, right? That I can protect you?"

"Of course I do. You're my noble knight king. If anyone can protect me and make me as happy as I've ever been, it's you. I don't know what happened in that dream of yours, but don't worry. It won't happen, because I have you here to be my knight in shining armor." You yawned and held onto his arm, nuzzling into his shoulder. Arthur's frown disappeared and was replaced by a gracious smile. The two of you sat in silence. He felt his troubles melting away, feeling you clinging onto his arm and hearing your soft breaths. He left a lingering kiss on the top of your head, feeling better with each passing second. He waited a few minutes before guiding you back to the room. Not wanting to be without you, he guided you into the bed with him, where he held you close and tight, as confident as ever, and at ease enough to go back to sleep.