Toru Oikawa

I was walking to class with Iwaizumi while eating a poptart. He was one of the only people I could eat around without feeling self conscious. I usually sit with him and Oikawa at lunch. Well the intention is to sit with Iwaizumi, not Oikawa. Sure he's a little attractive, maybe kinda attractive. But he's still an asshole who's always picking at me like I won't start a fight. Just thinking about him pisses me off.

"Iwa-chan. Y/n-chan." Speak of the devil... Oikawa managed to find us even though we were intentionally avoiding him. He had his normal smug smirk on his face.

"Great now my day is ruined. I'll see you in class Iwaizumi." I sighed and tried to walk around Oikawa, but he stepped in my way.

"What's wrong little cutie? Are you too nervous to be around someone as amazing as me?" He bent down to my height and I frowned

"In your dreams, captain cocky. I'm trying to keep myself from murdering you and save what little sanity I have left. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to class. Be thankful Iwaizumi is here."

"Oh, how adorable, someone has a sense of humor. Not as sweet as I thought it'd be," he took a piece of my poptart and ate it, "But I'll take what I can get."

"I told myself I wasn't going to entertain him today. Just go to class, Y/n. Ignore him." I whispered to myself. I gave him a fake smile and pushed passed him. I heard a small chuckle come from the bastard but I ignored it.

The whole day, he was being more of an asshole than usual. He's actually been acting like this for a while now. I didn't even do anything. I ignored him the whole day, which annoyed him. He was more relentless with his smart-ass comments and backhanded compliments. Oikawa has also been a bit more flirtatious too. He always has something to say, of course. But it's more than just words now. He winks at me whenever he spots me in the crowd at the volleyball games. I don't even go for him. I go to support Iwaizumi. Oikawa is just so cocky and thinks I'm so infatuated with him. Which I'm not, but I have to admit, some of the things he does or says is a little cute. Like the way he pouts when I frown at him or flick him off after he winks at me. And some of the pickup lines he uses are cheesy, but cute. Maybe if he would just stop being such a jerk I'd actually give him a chance. It's not like I'd have one with him anyway so it's no big deal.

Me and my friends, along with Iwaizumi, were talking outside after he got out of practice. Iwaizumi had said something that made me laugh hard enough to get Oikawa's attention. The tall male strolled over to our group and smirked.

"It seems like there's a comedian over here. Tell me little cutie, who's the one that made you laugh so hard?"

"Iwaizumi is. Why does it matter to you asshole?"

"Calling me an asshole after I called you a little cutie? How rude. Anyhow, I bet I could make you laugh harder."

"Doubt it. Newsflash, constant insults and backhanded compliments aren't funny."

"Who said anything about those? I have a challenge for you, Iwa-chan. Whoever makes Y/n laugh first, gets to take her out on a date. A hard laugh though, not one of her adorable giggles."

"Sure. Sounds good to me. Y/n?" Iwaizumi turned to me.

"I'll play along. But only because I know Oikawa is going to lose."

We all shook on it and eventually dispersed and went home.

Over the next few weeks, the boys would try their hardest to make me laugh. It was kind of disappointing watching their failed attempts at comedy. His reason for challenge his bestfriend to something like this is beyond me. I have to admit though, he's been nicer since this started and I'm enjoying it. The two of us were walking in the hallway, having a small discussion about something, I forgot what. Out of nowhere, Oikawa slipped on a puddle in the middle of the hallway and I finally broke. I was laughing so hard it hurt. Instead of being angry about his fall, he was shocked that I was laughing so hard. Oikawa got up and dusty himself off.

"This means... I win!" He stood in front of me

"Wh...at... shut up..." I said between laughs.

"I win. Now you have to go on a date with me. I'll pick you up at 7, wear something nice. See you then." He smiled after helping me up.

"Whatever."

*time skip to 7*

I didn't want to go but I'm a woman of my word so I did. I wore a simple black dress that stopped at my knees, black flats, a couple of silver accessories, a little makeup, and did something fancy with my hair. Oikawa was amazed but I just brushed him off, not believing a word he said. After we ate dinner at a somewhat fancy restaurant, we took a walk at the nearest park.

"I know I've said it a lot but, you really do look stunning tonight, Y/n."

"You finally said my name. I've been waiting for that. I've actually lost track of how many time you've called me 'little cutie'."

"Is there a problem with me calling you little cutie? Do you not like it?"

"It's not that. I just... we're not dating. And it's weird being called 'little cutie' by your enemy. Especially when they constantly insult you, give you backhanded compliments, and never mean the other compliments they give you." I looked to the ground in embarrassment

"You think we're enemies?" He stopped in his tracks and so did I.

"Well yeah. We aren't friends in the slightest. Nor are we acquaintances. We're always constantly insulting each other in a malicious way. We're enemies, are we not?" I kept my eyes to the ground

"Y/n would you believe me if I said that I was madly in love with you? That I'm so infatuated with you and my heart aches every time I say something I don't mean and see the hurt in your eyes? That all I want to do is keep you safe and happy and in my arms forever?" He looked deeply into my eyes

"I... well... I don't know. It'd be hard to believe honestly." I looked up at a blushing Oikawa. He slowly leaned in and softly kissed my plump lips. I did nothing to stop him, because I actually wanted it to happen.

"Well believe it. Sometimes what you think is impossible is in fact possible. I'm so in love with you, little cutie and I would want nothing more than to shower you with my love, just to show you what you mean to me and spend every day with you and know that you return my feelings."

"I... this was so sudden. Dammit I love you too asshole." I hugged him with an embarrased yet pissed expression. He hugged me back and kissed me one last time before walking me home. He texted me as soon as he left about how happy he was about our official relationship. The next day at school, he showed me off to everyone and continued to do that for the next few years and even after we got married and had children. Who knew that asshole could actually be a big softie?