Josuke Higashikata

Josuke's POV

I was playing video games on my TV when Okuyasu burst into my house. He was panting super hard which was strange. I whipped my head around and looked at him with a confused face.

"Oi, Josuke! Don't tell Y/n I'm here!" He whisper shouted

"Y/n- What did you do that made her so mad, that you had to run from her?"

"I took this weird book she was writing in."

"Book she was writing in... her diary?"

As if on cue, and before we could even open the book, someone rang my doorbell and pounded on my door. Okuyasu scurried and hid behind me in fear. I rolled my eyes and answered the door to see an adorably furious Y/n impatiently tapping her foot at my doorstep. Her face lit up a little when she saw me which made me a little giddy.

"Hi Josuke. Have you seen Okuyasu? I know that it's weird for me to be here and looking for Okuyasu of all people. But I just want to talk to him. We had a small misunderstanding and I'd like to clear things up." She smiled sweetly at me

"Don't trust her Josuke!" Okuyasu yelled from behind my couch

"OH YOU'RE MINE NOW OKUYASU! COME HERE BITCH!" Y/n moved so fast it took me a few seconds to realize she was wrestling Okuyasu and had him in a full Nelson. She then put him in a headlock as she tried to grab her book. Okuyasu was at an advantage since his arms were longer. The way he was holding out the book seemed like he wanted someone else to grab it. So, I walked over to the two and grabbed the book. Y/n froze and stopped strangling Okuyasu and anxiously stared at me. She immediately stood up and turned her attention to fixing her clothes then looked right back at me.

"Josuke... please don't read that. I'm begging you."

A mischievous smile spread across my face and I slowly opened the book. She looked at me with fear as I read the contents of the diary out loud. She frantically tried to get me to shut up and take the book, but I'm much taller than her and held the book a little higher so she couldn't reach it. I read ahead a little bit to find out she had a huge crush on someone.

"Seems like our little Y/n has a huge crush on someone~ who could it be? Okuyasu? Koichi? Me?"

"You wish. Gimme the damn diary back already!" She continued to struggle as I read on. Y/n grew more embarrassed the more I read out loud. Her face was basically a tomato and she got more aggressive. As I dramatically read the diary, I noticed my name was in it. It was actually a page header (written in the big space on notebook paper).

"Oh. Why's my name in here Y/n? Got something you want to tell me?"

"N-no. Just give me my diary!"

I ignored her request and continued to embarrass her. It's not like anyone heard, Okuyasu had passed out and it was just the two of us in the living room.

"'There's just something about him that makes my heart race. I love everything about him. His laugh, his voice, his eyes, the way he gets serious when people insult his amazing hair. He's so... dreamy. I wish we could be together. I wish we could cuddle and hold each other's hands and hug and just love each other. I wish he felt the same way about me but that's impossible. There's nobody in this universe that would feel like that toward me. I wish I was his dream girl. That'd make me so unbelievably happy. Just knowing that he feels the same way and loves with all his heart would fill me with so much joy I don't know what I'd do with myself. If he read this I'd probably die. This is the closest thing to a confession that I'll ever make for him and I want to save myself the embarrassment. Maybe one day I'll find the confidence to tell him... in like 70 years. Maybe we're just better off as friends. Who knows? All I know is that my feelings for him are way stronger than I thought and I am never ever telling him or anyone else about it." I looked down at Y/n who was sitting on my couch with her hood and hands covering her face. I didn't expect all that and for my cheeks to be as red as hers after reading that 'confession'. She was so silent. She didn't even move when I sat next to her. I poked her a bit to try to get her to make sure she hadn't died from embarrassment. She got fed up with my constant poking and slapped my hand before standing up to leave. I grabbed one of her hands with both of mine and lightly tugged her into my chest. She squirmed quite a bit on my lap which wasn't a good idea, because you know. Anyway, I squeezed her tightly and rested my head on her shoulder. She had finally gave up and let out annoyed sigh.

"I'm beyond pissed at you right now. Why am I still here? You've embarrassed me enough."

"I know and I'm sorry. But if it makes you feel any better, I feel the exact same way."

"..." she stayed silent and I nestled my face deeper into her shoulder

"Forgive me?"

"I guess. But we're never speaking of that. Ever."

"Understood."