Levi Ackerman

"Hanji, did you get those titans I captured last week?" I asked my insane best friend

"Of course I did. The abnormal you sent was quite the subject. You always get the best titans!"

"Lower your voice, I have a headache and we can't be too loud about that. But, I'm glad you liked them. I almost lost two of my cadets for it. Or was it the other way around? I can't remember. But someone almost died."

"I don't see why you don't take me with you."

"Because the higher ups don't like when we go on scouting missions together. Remember our last mission?"

"Yeah yeah. What's going on with this headache of yours? Are you over worked and not eating again?" Hanji was suspicious. I do skip meals and just work a lot sometimes. She always nags me about it but I always find a way to distract her.

"Maybe... that's not really important right now. Let's talk about your titan research." Thankfully, I distracted her with her favorite subject.

Me and Hanji continued to have our usual conversation when she saw Levi walking over.

"Ahhhh, L/n, look who it is~"

"Hanji shut up. He's coming over here! Don't say anything about my-" I frantically warned her

"Your what, L/n?" Levi made it over to us and cut me off.

"Her injury. She has a huge cut on her leg and she does want anyone to worry. But now the word is out." Hanji covered me. It wasn't entirely true but it worked.

"You should get that checked before it gets infected." Levi turned to me.

"I'll go do that right now. By-"

"L/n, I need your help delivering the belongings of lost soldiers to their families." Levi cut me off again.

"O-oh. Let me change reallly quick. This has blood on it." I walked away from the pair and went to my room to find another outfit. I looked through my clothes and found a f/c tshirt and some dark gray pants.

Hanji's POV

I watched Levi as he smirked at Y/n when she walked away. I'm the only one who catches him whenever he admires Y/n without her noticing.

"You love her, don't you Levi?"

"In your dreams, four eyes."

"I bet you see Y/n in yours."

"Hanji!"

"Okay okay, sorry. You love her though. Byeeeee!" I skipped over too my titans when I saw Y/n coming back.

Y/n's POV

Today was dreadful. The families were so hurt, I hated seeing them like that. I tried my best to comfort them which kinda helped but they were still sad. After me and Levi parted ways, I heard a bunch of snickering from some of the townspeople when I passed by them. They were all talking about how I was too big to be a scout and that I'm only there as titan bait and other horrible things about my appearance. It added onto the hurt I was already dealt with. My head started pounding even more and I stopped to catch my breath. I decided to go train to get my mind off of it. I was out there for hours, mostly because I was training. I spent a little... a lot of time crying, which made me light headed. That, plus the fatigue, soreness, and a terrible headache made me pass out on the training grounds.

Levi's POV

I was walking around the barracks looking for Hanji or Y/n to ask if Y/n was okay. She's been distant and more tired than usual. Today she seemed slower mentally and physically. She made sure to move slowly as if moving fast or at a normal pace would hurt her. She was also holding her head and rubbing her temples a lot. When she though nobody was looking, she would make a face that showed she was in pain. It hurt me seeing her that. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her it was okay and try to help make the pain go away. I hate seeing her in pain, no matter what kind it is. I love seeing that adorable smile, hearing her angelic voice and innocent child like giggles, seeing her beautiful figure, she's perfect in every way. Her smile is contagious and it brightens my day each time I see it. My heart races and my cheeks heat up and I always remind myself how much I love her. My mind began filling with thoughts of Y/n and I felt warm inside. As I continued my search, I noticed someone passed out on the training grounds. At first, I thought it was just a cadet slacking off. But when I was getting closer, I noticed that the body looked familiar. I came to the realization that it was Y/n. My facial expression was a mix of shock and fear. I ran up to her and tried to wake her up. She wouldn't wake up so I picked her up and carried her to my room. She wasn't heavy at all. As I admired her peaceful sleeping face, a small rain droplet landed on her cheek. My eyes moved up to the sky and noticed how dark it got and my pace quickened. Fortunately, we made it to my room before the rain got too bad. I put her in my bed and tucked her in after putting a damp cloth on her forehead. My hand caressed her chubby cheek as I pecked the other. I gazed at her for a while with a smile on my face. I sat down and pulled a book off of my side table and picked up where I left off. I ended up finishing the book and looked out my window to see that it was still pouring down outside. I sat alone with my thoughts for a while until I heard Y/n mumbling. My eyes moved to her sleeping form as she began waking up. She shot up too fast and I rushed to her side. One of my hands was on her back as the other was holding the damp cloth to her head.

"Huh? L-lieutenant I-I'm sorry. I'm not really sure what's going on here bu-" She stuttered. She only calls me lieutenant when she's embarrassed or scared.

"Y/n, it's okay. You passed out on the training grounds and I was worried so I brought you here. Your forehead was a little warm so I put this cloth on your forehead. It's raining pretty hard, too. Are you okay? Does your head hurt? Do you need someone to talk to?" My voice was full of worry and I was generally concerned for her.

"Levi... do you really care about me?" She asked with sad yet hopeful eyes

"Of course I do Y/n. You mean so much to me. I... I know I'm not too forward about feelings and I don't talk about this a lot but... I care for you, Y/n. More than you realize. I've been worried about you for the past few days and my heart aches seeing you like this." My hands were on her cheeks as she gazed at me with tears streaming down her cheeks. Her once gloomy expression changed to a hopeful one.

"Really? Even with the way I look?" She whimpered.

"Absolutely. I love the way you look. I love everything about you. You're perfect Y/n. I don't care about what anyone else says."

I pulled her into my chest and held her. She squeezed me back and sobbed into my shirt. I assured her everything was okay with a whisper. When she calmed down a bit, I tilted her head to look up at me.

"Now, would you like to tell me what's wrong?" I asked with a small smile

"Are you sure you want to listen to all that?" She joked, but I could tell she was serious.

"Of course. I'm all ears." Her face lit up and she smiled warmly at me.

She sat down on the bed and patted the spot next to her for me to sit. I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her curvy/chubby frame and pecked her forehead. Y/n giggled and snuggled into me as she began ranting. I listened to each word that came out of her mouth and offered advice, reassured, and comforted her. She finished ranting and wasn't ready to go to sleep just yet so I read her a story. She fell asleep in my arms and we cuddled for the rest of the night.