Katsuki Bakugo (revisited)

Bakugo walked into the common room with an irritated look, what else is new.

"Where's Y/n?" He grunted

"Hangin' out with Kota." Kirishima replied

"Who- Oh that brat from the camp."

"Of course she gets along with Kota. Look at who her best friend is." Shoto chimed in

"What the hell're you trying to say icy hot?!"

"Calm down. I'm just saying it makes sense she's hanging out with him, he's a mini version of you." Shoto continued to eat his soba. Bakugo let out another grunt.

"Why're you askin' bout her bro? Finally gonna confess?" Kirishima joked, changing the tone of his voice to emphasize confess.

"Shut up shitty hair! I just wanna talk to her..." he was trying to figure out how to say he wants to hangout with you without it sounding like he was going to confess.

"Hey man. Just sayin, you never know. Don't wanna wait til it's too late okay?" Kirishima threw his hands up defensively.

"Wait for what?" You walked in with Kota on your hip. He was playing a game on your phone.

"Yo dumbass. You didn't tell me you were gonna be with him today." He nodded at Kota

"I texted you, smart-ass. Check your phone," He pulled out his phone and his eyes widened slightly seeing the text. You smirked knowing he saw it, and because he was a bit flustered, "Yeah. I'm about to go bring him back. You coming?" You motioned toward the door with your thumb.

"Yeah. Whatever." He shoved his hands into his pocket.

"Alright cool. Lemme get my coat."

*After dropping off Kota*

"And I got this one from training with Tokoyami and Dark Shadow." You pointed at the scar on your calf.

"How the hell did that happen?"

"We were fighting and the lights went out and Dark shadow grabbed me and was swinging around and it was kinda funny until he lost his grip and I was almost sent through a wall," you let out a slight chuckle, "I don't really remember much of that day though. I think I hit my head really hard," you put your chin between your fingers and tried to remember what happened after you crashed into the wall. As you were trying to think, you heard Bakugo snickering and trying to hold in his laughter, "Are you laughing at me being whirled around by dark shadow in the dark and flying through the air and crashing into a wall?!" You asked with a dramatic, playful tone. He continued to laugh a little before things went silent.

There was a bit of tension in the air, something was off with you, he could feel it.

"What's the matter? You seem down."

"What an empath," you joked, making Bakugo grunt. The smile on your face faded after a few seconds and your head was down again. You went quiet and continued to walk with your hands in your pockets and your eyes low, "Kinda surprised you noticed." You mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

"I'm serious. What's bothering you so much that it's making you quiet. You never shut up so of course I'd notice," The last part stung a bit but you knew he wasn't trying to be mean," Y/n?" You stayed quiet for a bit longer, trying to keep yourself from crying.

"You ever feel like... you're not good enough? And people try to reassure you that you are but their actions say the opposite?" You paused and tried to find the right thing to say, but that pretty much summed it up. You continued to walk with your head down until Bakugo stopped.

"Look at me," you refused and averted your gaze, "Y/n look at me," he urged. When you finally looked up at him a tear had fallen from your eye. He wiped it with his thumb and made sure, "You're enough, dumbass. It may not be the way you wanted to hear it coming from me. But I promise, you're enough." He spoke in a soft voice.

"How do you know?" You grumbled and pouted like a child and once again averted your gaze. Bakugos eyes widened slightly as the first answer he thought of would be a confession. His palms were getting sweaty as he nervously took a deep breath.

"B-because I like you." He mumbled the last part. You raised an eyebrow and stared at him.

"You what? I couldn't hear you." You genuinely didn't understand what he said.

"I like you." He spoke a bit louder.

"Huh?" You stared with confusion written all over your face.

"I LIKE YOU DUMBASS! THAT'S WHY I KNOW YOU'RE ENOUGH!" He shouted, your eyes widened a bit as you took in what he said. You looked over to Bakugo to see that he had turned around and was mumbling something to himself. You stepped closer to him and tapped his shoulder, making him turn around and reveal his red face.

"I like you too," you smiled sweetly and pecked him on the cheek. You intertwined your fingers with his and pulled him along to continue walking, "C'mon it's getting late," he caught up in a few steps and finally squeezed your hand back. He was staring at the ground, in shock and disbelief, by how quickly you two confessed to each other, "that was a really explosive confession-" you looked over to see him staring with the most unamused face, "I'm sorry I had to." You chuckled

"Whatever idiot." Was all he could say. He was glad he could get your mind off of those negative thoughts from earlier. He was also a bit excited to tell Kirishima what happened today.