Prologue

Christmas Morning, In the not too distant future.

Alex opened her eyes and sleepily took in the room around her, a small smile tugged at her lips. I love my life.
Turning her head she saw the warm body lying next to her, long silky trails of (h/c) hair cascading around her head, in ten years her beauty had never faded not even once. Alex sighed contentedly.

Moving closer to her wife she wrapped her arm around her waist and hugged her closer burying her head in her neck, breathing in her familiar smell. This is my favorite thing ever.
Alex smiled to herself.

"Why can you never let me sleep? I always wake to find you smelling me." A groggy voice came from the harassed woman, Alex grinned.

" You always smell so good I can't help it. " Sometimes I worry you aren't real, that everything we have is just a wishful dream.

"I guess it's a compliment then." ( y/n) laughed sleepily.

"It's a huge compliment." Alex trailed soft kisses up her neck, causing ( y/n) to sigh. "Alex we can't."

Alex laughed the sound muffled by her wife's neck. "Why not I want to make love to my wife on Christmas Morning." She continued her trail. " We used to do this all the time remember? "
She moved her hands to (y/n)'s right breast gently massaging the flesh over the faint shirt her wife wore, initiating a slight groan.

"Yeah then someone insisted we have children and threw our lay-ins out the window."

Alex laughed lifting her head to meet (y/n)'s eyes, (e/c) eyes sparkled at her even in the darkness of the bedroom.

"And someone insisted on inviting everyone round to ours for Christmas so now we have so much work to do." (y/n) groaned in frustration. I'm really not looking forward to the hard work.

"And if Kara eats all the turkey again this year I swear she is out the door on her ass in the snow." (y/n) was thinking back on last year when her sister-in-law had devoured the massive bird right before everyone's eyes.

"She was hungry." Alex chuckled in defense.

"All we had were Vegetables and cranberry sauce for Christmas dinner." ( y/n) moaned remembering the day without Eliza's trademark turkey.

"Yeah but babe this is why you bought two Turkeys right?." Alex returned her attention to kissing her way up her wife's jawline. " My beautiful wife thinking ahead. " Her lips finally landed on (y/n)'s inducing a moan from her.

Two hands cupped Alex's face, when they parted both out of breath from the kiss (y/n) studied her wife's face, Alex could see the love that radiated from her eyes as she took her in. "I love you, Alex Danvers."

Alex smiled enjoying the warmth of her soft hands against her face. "And I love you, Mrs. Danvers." It had been such a shock when (y/n) had told her she wanted to take her name instead of remaining as (y/n) (l/n), the thrill never went away whenever someone called her it, like a vocal announcement to everyone that she was hers.

Alex hated the looks she got from guys and women, she was a very sexy woman and despite the fact that (y/n) never seemed to notice the attention and if she did and a flirt came on to her she shut it down quickly Alex still despised it.

It had taken a while for Alex to realize that whether it was a man or woman (y/n) wasn't interested in any of them, she cringed when she thought back to her jealousy. I thought her being bisexual was the worst thing ever. Alex thought shamefully.

(y/n) noticed the change and guessed the thoughts after ten years of marriage and dating besides she knew Alex like she knew her favorite book. "Hey stop thinking negative things." She smiled running her finger across her lips.

"I have a day of battling with a certain sister-in-law ahead of me I can't be worried about you having a sad mood."

Alex smiled, bent her head and kissed (y/n) again. "I'm sorry."

"Just hurry before the fearsome threesome launch themselves in here like an invading army." Alex laughed she knew she was right, she had discovered that life with three overactive daughters meant less sex or at least having to get it where and when they could.

They didn't notice the soft feet outside their door until it opened with a crash, Alex who had been leaning over (y/n) turned her head to the door with a start, (y/n) groaned silently as Alex began to chuckle.

They both turned their attention to the three figures standing in the door arranged in size according to their age. Did they do that on purpose? Alex thought to herself.

"Mom, Mommy get up how are you still asleep?" Blaire squealed in astonishment. " We need to see if Santa came. " Her brunette hair the same shade as Alex's swung wildly about her.

Her two sisters nodded their heads in agreement.

Blaire the eldest at nine years old stood as the mouthpiece of the crew, Wren the middle one at seven years old was the most thoughtful and the quietest yet at times she was an utter devil, then there came the baby Finley loud and brash at four years old she was the daredevil and an utter handful she had (y/n)'s soulful (e/c) eyes and the same (h/c) hair only hers was untameable mostly because she refused to tame it or allow anyone else to tame it.

Fin's face turned sour as she faced her mothers "They are kissing again." She said with disgust, both women laughed at their youngest child.

"It will be worse later when Aunty Kara comes with Aunty Lena." Blaire groaned in pain, placing her head on her forehead in distress.

" Hey, you three monsters we are here you know. " (y/n) called out a laugh in her voice. "It's not too late for Santa to take back his gifts you know."

Shouts of alarm and gasps come from the line of girls, stood in their pajamas.

"Alright come on girls lets leave your Mommy to recover," Alex announced as she lifted herself up from ( y/n) placing a gentle loving kiss on her forehead.

"Eww, Mom come on," Blaine complained.

(y/n) watched as her wife and daughters leave her eyes drawn as they often were to Alex's behind. Wren turned around to urge her other mother to follow when she caught sight of her Mother's line of sight. Sighing deeply the little girl with eyes just like Alex's exclaimed. "Now she is looking at Mom 's butt!"

(y/n)'s face reddened as all four turned to look at her, Blaine shrugging as though it was nothing. "She is always doing it."

Sinking further under the covers to hide from the questioning look Alex was giving her, an eyebrow raised in interest.

"Get lost I'm allowed to look." She flashed up her hand wriggling the finger she wore her wedding ring on.

Alex blew her a kiss back and Fin made her promise she would be right down, she smiled contented, she loved her family more than anything in the world even a sister-in-law who ate them out of their house and home.

My life has changed so much, so much for the better.