My Mother's Lies

(Y/n) landed with an angry thud and stormed into her friend's office who sat typing something into her computer.

"We need to talk!"

Lena jumped in her chair a gasp tore from her throat. "(Y/n) what the hell you scared me, is this official business you have your suit on?"

" I have it on because I just got some news and I was so angry I came straight here. "

"What is it? (Y/n) if this is more Alex drama can you please give me a coffee first to brace myself."

" Alex is...Alex is still freaking sexy as hell and under my skin but no it's not Alex, my mother. "

"What about her?"

" She lied to us, Lena. "

"What." Lena stood and walked around her desk to take a hold of her friend's shoulders, she was visibly shaking with anger.

" She lied again. "

"What about?"

" Aethyr. "

"My mother?"

"Yes."

" What about her, is she dead? "

"No, not that I know of, Lena Kharys never told us one very important part of the story, and she knew it alright."

Lena frowned watching her friend with worried eyes.

"She told us my grandmother was a devoted wife, she wasn't Lena there was another guy."

" (Y/n) I don't understand you're mad at your Mom because her mother had an affair or loved another man. "

"No, Lena she had another child, Aethyr and Kharys are not simply friends, they are sisters."

Lena stared wide-eyed at her, she'd never thought this would be the news.

"If they are sisters then we are..."

" Cousins. " (Y/n) finished for her.

Lena wanted to be as angry as (Y/n) was she wanted to focus on her mother's lies yet again but she couldn't instead she found a smile creep across her face.

"What are you smiling about?" ( Y/n) as puzzled.

"You, you big dummy you and me we're family not just friends but actual DNA linking us."

" Well that is the only good thing here, my mother has just pissed me off she keeps lying even when she says she is telling the truth. "

"Maybe she really didn't know." Lena reasoned.

" No I can feel it she knew, there is another thing. "

"What?"

" She is your Aunt. "

"Crap!"

They both burst out laughing suddenly the image was too funny, maybe they'd always sensed this blood link maybe even when they were children they saw it in each other, something mystical had to have occurred did this ever happen to anyone else?

"There is something that worries me, what else is she hiding that we don't know about?"

Lena paused for thought the answer could be anything, but it could also be nothing she needed to take her mind off her mistrust.

"So cousin." Lena smiled when they'd composed themselves " Tell me about Alex wha..... " Her face suddenly turned cold, terror filled her eyes.

"What's wrong Lena?"