Happy News

"Oh my God!" Lena gasped for the fifteenth millionth time that hour as she pulled (Y/n)'s ring possessed hand into her own and up close to her eyes.

"Stop saying that." (Y/n) protested weakly making no attempt to remove her hand from her cousin's eager and excited grasp.

"I just can't believe it, and it sounds so romantic you with your spontaneous proposal and then just when you think she's rejecting you, which by the way you are an idiot for thinking, there she is with the ring, this is probably the most romantic proposal I've ever heard of."

" Are you finished? " The chef smiled amusedly, she'd come to have lunch with Lena because she wanted to gush over her engagement, she wasn't the gushing fangirling type of woman but she was making an exception for this, everywhere she went she felt like she had springs in her feet, she was just so happy, but she was here also because she needed her cousin's help. 

Lena narrowed her eyes, it was a strange thing to find (Y/n) engaged before her, they'd had so many talks about this growing up, (Y/n) had found the idea of marriage grotesque, yet here she was a ring on he finger, a promise in her heart and a smile on her face that was matched by a bright light that sparkled from her eyes, and Lena couldn't have been happier.

And it had all began with Alex Danvers after everything somehow they'd battled through and made it triumphantly although not unscathed to the other side.

"I think you know I'm not, my little commitment phobic cousin and lifetime BFF has gotten engaged, I hope you know I'm going to throw you and Alex the biggest party ever held in National City, and I mean ever, even bigger than when Franklin D Roosevelt visited the governor here."

"But we don't know that many people."

"Doesn't matter it's still going to be huge, only the best for you." Lena dismissed.

"Ok, but I really need your help." She needed to get the perfect ring for Alex in the three days since they had returned she'd looked but found nothing that she could say was Alex.

Lena rolled her eyes affectionately. "Let me guess it is about the ring right?"

(Y/n) cheeks turned red. "Yeah, I can't seem to find one and it has to be perfect Lena."

"How are you going to do this all over again when buying a wedding ring."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened with fear. "Lena OMG how am I going to do that, I can't even find the right engagement ring."

" Hey, don't worry I'll help you and everything will be perfect, we'll find your love the perfect ring. " Lena reassured.

"Thank you, Lena, you are the best."

Lena smiled. "I know, but I really have to go now Kara had a weird nightmare last night and she's been pretty weird since." Her mood changed, she'd never seen Kara look like that, at the time when she'd been awakened by her violent tossing and turning, she'd been afraid.

"I'm sure she'll be okay I was a little too busy last night to sleep."

Lena lifted a single perfectly sculpted eyebrow. "Oh yeah."

With a conspiratorial spark in her eyes (Y/n) leaned forward. "Turns out engaged sex is way way way better than dating sex."

                                                                                         xxx

Kara sat at the table drumming her fingers against the steel, her mind lost in quiet thought.

"Penny for your them," Alex said as she sat down a bottle of water in her hands.