Dangerous Office Hookups

Pots and pans rattled, fat sizzled and the heat intensified, the aroma of food stretching around her as she picked up another ticket.

"Okay I need one lobster and two sushi, we're going all seafood tonight ladies and gents let's hope they don't do any kissing no one wants fishy breath."

" That's why I carry mints at all times, chef. " Assim smirked walking past her to get to the Lobsters, he'd been relatively new to her kitchen but had already proved himself a more than a competent chef, his being nearly new was the reason he was going into the back to get the Lobster no one wanted that job.

Carlos had sworn he had been locked in the walk-in freezer and as he wasn't a man to make things up and after everything, she'd seen she believed him.

"Yeah, that's enough of your dating device, write the book we'll all buy it!" She called after him. " Come on people you wanna get out of here early tonight don't you? Or do you want to stay here with their friendly neighborhood ghost? "

"Not funny chef." They all groaned.

" Hey at least you don't have the job of trying to convince my girlfriend, I have to stay and do the whole Ghostbusters bit. " Normally the thought of getting Alex all to herself would fill her with pleasurable anticipation, but added a crazy pissed off ghost and suddenly it didn't sound so appealing at all.

With the night getting later everyone put their foot down working faster, one eye always on the clock on the wall.

"Come on guys is it really so bad?" ( Y/n) called out above the bustle of the kitchen, their limp fearful eyes that turned to her told her their answer without using words.

Yikes!

"Okay, two tables left we can do this guys!" Most nights she found her job to me must more of a motivational speaker, a Soccer coach during halftime trying to rally her team, a warrior seeking to refuel her battled peace-hungry troops. " That's four people we got guys, we are culinary Gods this kitchen is our Olympus, and I am your Zeus! " She chuckled at her own idiocy.

"Chef!" Assim called running back into the kitchen trying hard to catch his breath his eyes wide with fear.

" What's wrong? "

"The Lobster!" His words seemed to shiver.

" Yes. "

"They flew across the room, a lot of them, all of them just flying around the room!"

" Are you on drugs? "

"No chef go look!"

(Y/n) narrowed her eyebrows and looked at the door he had just entered from. "Okay." No one tried to stop her, in her kitchen she was like the captain of a ship fearless and powerful every problem was hers to solve.

She made her way to the open walk-in freezer, holding in her frustration that it was open when it should be closed. The Lobsters now all lay lifeless on the ground all scattered across the floor like they'd been washed up on a beach.

"Fuck this is crazy."

                                                                           xxx

(Y/n) finally sighed the service was over and her staff was all gone home, now she was waiting for Alex she was beginning to regret her challenge, if she hadn't been so stupid and stubborn she could have gone home and just spent all night doing very naughty things with Alex.

Maybe there is still time to cancel?

"Okay, where are all the ghosts at?" Alex's voice called from the doorway cheerfully.