Blissful Mornings

Alex curled up closer to the warm body next to her, clutching her arm tighter so that her place was firmly fixed even though there was no one to compete with, even in sleep she held her tightly.

She opened her eyes slightly lifting her head to look at the clock, sighing with relief it was way too early to get up yet.

(Y/n) let out a soft sleepy mumble that caught Alex's attention, the adorable sound seemed to linger and echo, Alex kept looking at her, her face partly hidden by the dark of the room and then a soft gentle light from the morning darkened navy blue sky reflected across her skin, she looked like the embodiment of perfection.

Was it weird to watch someone sleep? Alex hoped not she did it a lot more than she would admit even to (Y/n) her reaction yesterday to what she had told her, she had many reasons to hate Kharys but the biggest one was what she had done to (Y/n), how could she think she was unlovable?

Alex moved again so her head perched on (Y/n)'s shoulder burying her head into her neck, stray bits of hair tickling her, as always she felt compelled to do it, inhale her very essence reassure herself she was there, cool her still wounded heart, it was (Y/n) and she was never leaving again.

"How can a girl sleep if you keep sniffing me?" A groggy voice called.

Alex chuckled. "You smell of coconut oil."

" Hmm, I wonder why that is? "

"Because when you suggested a massage you forgot to mention it would have a happy ending." Alex smiled into her neck, enjoying the feel of her next to her as (Y/n) stroked the arm that covered her with her gentle fingers.

"A very happy ending." She said smugly. "Six times. "

"You're still going to be smug over that sixth one aren't you?"

" Damn straight I never even had to touch you, you just went over the hill on your own. "

Alex sighed the memory was enough to bring back the feelings. "No, you decided to touch yourself instead."

"You challenged me and I accepted it, I was trying to please my Alexandra."

" We really need to get my Mom to stop calling me that, you kept saying it while you....you know. " Her cheeks flushed pink.

"While I pleasured myself, and you." (Y/n) laughed turning her head to the side to finally meet Alex's eyes.

"Hi."

" Hey. " (Y/n) returned her smile, sighing as she saw the state of the sky outside, soon the sun would rise, she never liked the Summer and the early light mornings, but then she had never liked winter mornings either, she just plain hated mornings. "I never used to like mornings until I met you." She mused.

" Oh yeah I was never a big lover of them either when I was in university I didn't see many I was usually still asleep hung over. " Alex remembered.

"My smart brilliant doctor was a rebel."

" It wasn't so funny at the time I was nearly kicked out of school I missed so many classes. "

(Y/n) turned her whole body to face her, making sure her arm moved with her, as she lifted her own hand to sooth the side of her face. "Why did you do that?"

" I don't know I guess I was always living in Kara's shadow she had all of these powers and what was I? just a normal joe it was tough. " Alex sighed sadly.

"I hope you don't still think you are a normal joe."

" Maybe I still am. "

"Hah not in this lifetime the Alex I know is the most amazing being to ever have existed, she's strong, she's smart as hell, she's determined and has a heart the size of the Indian ocean."