Happiness

"And what are you so happy about?" Alex puzzled she'd noticed how the smile had not fallen from her face since they'd left her father's office, even now as they walked down the busy street hand in hand.

" Nothing. "

"Come on tell me."

" I'm just naturally happy can't a girl be happy just to spend time with her girlfriend? " (Y/n) shrugged but her smile broke bigger.

"You have to tell me or I'll never put out again," Alex said unconvincingly trying to avoid the far too confident eyes of (Y/n) as she tried to make eye contact to tell her just how unthreatened by that threat she was.

"We both know I'm irresistible Alex so that line is never going to work."

" You sound pretty confident about that. "

"Oh I am, don't think I didn't notice you ogling my boobs yesterday while you 'helped' me with the washing up." ( Y/n) raised an eyebrow at the other woman who's face blushed a deep shade of red.

"I was..."

" You was watching my breasts don't deny it. "

"Fine but I'm allowed I have a free pass because you are my girlfriend isn't that the line you use when I catch you objectifying me?" Alex smirked.

"Wooo low blow Alex using my own excuse against me."

" Come on tell me why you are so happy? " Alex coaxed again, she hadn't been happy when she'd arrived at the station she had looked like another few minutes alone with Maggie and she would have impaled her to the wall with the nearest stapler gun. "You listened didn't you?"

" I have no idea what you are talking about. " (Y/n) feigned innocence.

Alex shook her head, now utterly convinced that she was right. "You did listen, you hide behind the door and listened to what I told Maggie didn't you?"

(Y/n) blushed. "Yes but only because I don't trust her she is always in our lives trying to ruin everything."

" She can only ruin it if we let her and you heard what I told her. "

"Yes, you called me annoying."

Alex stopped just at the entrance to the park, catching (Y/n) unaware. "Everything I said and the most you took from it was the annoying bit?"

"No I got the bit about how you wouldn't change me and you loved me, those things Alex." For a moment the chef felt her throat close as emotion threatened to overtake her.

" Hey come on I meant every word of them. " Alex run her hand up and down the other woman's arm trying to comfort her.

"I know, it's just you have no idea how much that meant to me, not many people in my life has ever done that and you did it again, I just.. it's just crazy that I fell in love and she feels the same." She let a lone tear fall down her cheek.

" (Y/n) I know you think you are hard to love, you have issues about your mother but the truth is it's so easy to love you. "

(e/c) eyes lifted to look into deep brown ones something transpiring between them in those moments when words seemed unneeded and a simple look was enough.

Alex smiled letting her hand cup the cheek of the woman she loved, (Y/n) leaned into her touch. "I'll always be the luckiest woman in the world because you gave me a second chance, I'll shout it from the rooftops and tell the world just how much you mean to me if that is what it takes."

" No, you may fall off. " (Y/n) laughed still unwilling to let her hand go.

"Its okay you can catch me."