Kiss Them Goodbye

Alex stood bewildered her eyes fixed on no particular spot they darted around her as uncontrollable tears began to pour from her eyes and pile like trains down her fast at a rapid pace.

Her mind must be playing tricks on her this couldn't be happening (Y/n) couldn't be dead, she just couldn't only that morning she had woken up and she'd made love to her, she'd called her beautiful.

She staggered backward losing her strength, Lena pulled up a chair for her and crouched down beside her, yet Alex didn't see her, her vision had dulled and now all she saw was (Y/n)'s smiling face, heard the sound of her laugh that had been as sweet as sugar.

"She can't be gone."

" I'm so sorry, we've lost many loved ones in this battle we know of your loss. " Lena looked to her with sympathetic eyes.

"No you don't, I have to take home the woman I love, I have to tell her father his eldest daughter is dead, her best friend Oh God, she's gone." Alex felt a ripping tear in her heart it ached and pained her too much she leaned forward to ease the tension.

A life without her, they'd planned and talked about their future she'd promised forever and now Alex had the reality of a forever but no (Y/n), she didn't want it anymore.

"Alex." Her sister's voice cut through the silence.

"Kara." Her voice croaked.

" Alex I have the ring. "

"What ring?" Alex questioned mystified how could her sister think of jewelry now of all times.

"Kal-El's Legion ring, (Y/n) is dead but I can't leave her like this, I can turn back the clock to before she attacked Reign if I stop her she lives."

Alex's tears stopped and a bright hope grew in her heart, she wanted this, she needed Kara to do this, the chance of (Y/n) to come back to her was too great, she was too selfish to add a caution. "Do it, Kara."

" Cross your fingers, Alex. "

"They are all crossed and my feet." Alex waited as Kara disappeared. her worried eyes met an equally worried Lena as they waited and they waited.

Moments went by and nothing, Alex was growing anxious had she sent her sister into doom too? She couldn't lose both (Y/n) and Kara she would never survive that.

"Come on Kara." She encouraged. "Come on you can do it. "

They waited again in silence, she felt her heart beat so hard and so fast she feared it would pop out of her chest.

A crackle came from her earpiece as a roar broke out and shouts and screams suddenly began. she felt the trickle of sweat running down her neck as she waited, what was happening now?

"Kara, what is happening are you okay?"

" (Y/n). " she heard Kara shout, fear laced through her, the whole thing couldn't be happening again, not again she couldn't go through that again. "No!"

" It's happening again. " She panicked bringing her hands up to her face and holding them there in front of her eyes as though she could block the horror out.

xxx

Kara lunged forward physically stopping (Y/n) from moving, she couldn't risk her disobeying she couldn't go through the time travel again, all that mattered was that (Y/n) survived.

"What the hell Kara!" She shrieked.

" Don't do what you are thinking, it won't work, we do this together okay? "