Grumpy Dinner Dates

(Y/n) looked ahead the road passing by like a whirl as they drove further up the highway, initially, she had been looking forward to this weekend in Midvale with Alex.

Turning her head she saw the reason she was now dreading it, Alex's face was set to a thunderous stone, she'd been the same ever since she'd introduced her to Diana.

"Are you going to ignore me all weekend?" She asked.

" No. "

The chef sighed, she only ever answered with short stiff replies.

"Good to know, because this could get a little boring all weekend." She rolled her eyes. " You know there is that rare red moon this weekend, we should go and see it, it would be so romantic. "

Alex huffed in reply.

"Fine." (Y/n) sighed again, this was getting beyond a joke, and it had been going on far too long. "Alex if we've had a row can you at least tell me about it."

" No. "

"Alex!"

" What. "

"Will you please fucking talk to me, you just grunt and say one word, this was supposed to be fun remember?"

" It was your idea, not mine. "

"Oh I give up, if you want to keep this up fair enough so can I." (Y/n) folded her arms over her chest and turned away, determined to give her best in this silent contest Alex seemed to have started.

                                                                                  xxx

Alex waited impatiently on the sofa, (Y/n) was still getting ready she never usually took this long it seems she couldn't decide what to wear so Alex was waiting for her girlfriend.

All she'd talked about since the night before when she'd returned to the DEO was this Diana bloody Prince, Alex had never met her but already she hated her.

The fact that she'd seen them hug just added salt into her gross oozing wound of puss that was Diana Prince.

Now (Y/n) wanted them to meet, the agent sighed dreading the whole night, she didn't want to have dinner with this woman, who was she anyway? hugging other women's girlfriends like she had every right in the world.

The door opened and out came Lena a soft smile on her face. "She is just coming."

" Finally. "

"I cannot believe Diana Prince is here." Lena sat down opposite.

" Yeah what are the chances? " Alex shrugged.

"You have no idea how much (Y/n) liked her, she was this leveling agent for her took away all the need for crazy parties, she was a really good influence on her."

" She sounds very saintly. "

Lena smiled. "Oh no from everything (Y/n) ever told me Diana was wild where it mattered if you know what I mean."

Alex didn't have time to question her, (Y/n) opened the door standing there in her now infamous red dress Alex felt her mouth open wide then realizing she was wearing that dress for this Diana woman, she frowned. "Isn't that a little too much for dinner?"

" You don't know Diana. " She chuckled.

"Yeah, we know," Alex growled.

" Come on then Alex let's get going or we will be late and Diana will think we aren't coming. "