A Daughter of El

"You are late!" The older woman said agitated as she held the door open.

" We are busy women. " (Y/n) shrugged carelessly.

Lena and (Y/n) walked into the room and sat on the sofa the other woman had indicated to.

"Still not friendly I see (Y/n) I am your mother."

" Yeah, you were very friendly the day you left. "

"I explained that."

" Still not an excuse to abandon your child. "

"I see you are nowhere near forgiveness."

" Just tell us what we came here to know, who was your cousin? "

"I told you this his name is Kal-El."

(Y/n) frowned feeling the frustration building. "You said that last time, what does he do where does he live etc?"

Kharys turned away from the two younger women, their eyes followed her as she moved to the window.

"(Y/n) you already know him."

Lena turned to her friend. "Do you?"

" No, I don't think so. " She shrugged.

Kharys turned back to them a battle going on in the depths of her.

"Yes you do (Y/n) the world knows him as Superman."

Two sets of eyes widened and loud gasps filled the room, Lena turned to her stunned. "Superman is your cousin!"

" No that can't be true. "

"It is (Y/n) I know who my own family is."

" If I am to believe this farcical story, this Kal-El is my cousin and he is Superman, the Superman, the guy who works with my Dad? "

"Yes."

"(Y/n) he is Supergirl's cousin too." Lena said grabbing her arm.

Kharys smiled at the gesture. " You are very right, Supergirl is also your cousin. "

My life is so screwed up right now.

"So the really annoying flying girl in a cape is my cousin?"

" Yes. "

"She isn't annoying (Y/n)." Lena defended.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, of course, Lena wouldn't think she was annoying.

"You are a daughter of the house of El (Y/n), be proud it is an honorable position."

The chef frowned, she didn't care about houses or superheroes, she didn't want pride in a position she never asked for, she wanted her life to be normal again.

"How are we related to the Super cousins?"

Kharys smiled. " Well our father's were all brothers, Jor-El, Zor-El and my father, your grandfather Nim-El, he was the younger twin of Jor-El, they were all brilliant men, exceptional scientists. "

Nim-El what a dumb name sounds like a vibrator name. (Y/n) tried to smother the laugh that was threatening to burst out.

"I hated science in school." (Y/n) grimaced at the memory, Lena nodded.

"She did, she used to skip science classes all of the time."

(Y/n) smiled proudly. "I didn't need science when I was trying to get Matt Bliss, that was his actual name and oh my God was he bliss."