Superwoman

"Okay (Y/n) that was amazing!" Winn smiled excitedly almost jumping in the air with enthusiasm.

"It was nothing really." ( Y/n) blushed slightly she got praise all the time but usually for a perfectly sauteed Salmon or a crab bisque that was just perfect, finding the right cheese to go with a traditional French Onion soup.

This was on a whole new level.

She'd never felt this good before in her life, she'd help Supergirl hold up a building they'd saved people's lives.

"Nothing are you crazy I couldn't have done that without you (Y/n) that building was off balance it was going to fall." Kara proudly smiled at her cousin, she'd felt immense pride helping her find her Kryptonian voice but watching her do what she did was on a whole other scale.

" I just thought you could do with a hand. "

"And I really did."

Kara had rushed them back to the D.E.O she didn't want anyone figuring out it had been (Y/n) there were dangers in the wrong person finding out you were an alien even half alien.

"What the hell did you think you were doing?" An angry voice began.

(Y/n) turned around to see what she had believed it was Alex.

"I'm sorry are you talking to me? You have that aggressive disgust tone to your voice you seem to favor when talking to me recently."

" Don't be stupid what if someone recognized you! "

"No one is dead so I will still consider it a good thing that I did."

" Stick to the kitchen (Y/n) before something happens. "

The chef frowned she felt that same humiliation she had felt that night at the bar when she'd first met Maggie, being a chef was not a good thing for them, they were heroes and she chopped onions in just the right way and fast enough that made her a little better than a nineteen fifties housewife.

"You know what Agent Danvers no, I'm damn proud of the things I've achieved in my life I fought my way from nothing to become the youngest head chef in Europe and America, head of a five star restaurant may I add, and when I was younger I went to protests to end wars, famines, slavery, animal testing I was arrested so many times its a damn miracle my father didn't disown me, all I wanted to do was help, help someone who needed it, today I did that and for the first time in ages I feel...I feel alive."

" Exactly I can feel a partnership here J'onn, what do you think? " Kara smiled putting her arm around her cousin a large smile on her face.

The martian stood in silent thought looking (Y/n) up and down, she stood waiting, her hands sweating as she clenched them.

"No big things, we'll start small (Y/n)." He said sternly. "And Kara you will teach her, guide her okay."

" This is a bad idea. "Alex tried to voice caution.

" Forget it, Alex, she already has a super name. " Winn smiled pointing up at the tv screen, the words Superwoman has arrived and The Supers united flashed everywhere, but still the name Superwoman was prominent.

" Yes I will, (Y/n) this will be so cool, like a family business, especially when Kal-el comes to town. "

(Y/n) smiled at her enthusiasm, she was almost childlike sometimes, how could she deal with the evil of the world and still remain so innocent?

Alex turned to her something serious in her eyes. "(Y/n) listen to me you can't be this Superwoman you are a chef.."

" I am a chef with all the same powers and abilities as Kara, what is your point? "