DNA

"Are you ready?" Lena asked nervously.

" No I'll never be ready, just tell me. " (Y/n) roughly chewed at her fingernail anxiously waiting for the results.

Lena looked up a worried expression on her face.

"I knew it, it's true!"

" (Y/n) calm down. "

"Calm down how the hell can I? this is just too crazy for me to take in."

" (Y/n) this means nothing, it's just like finding out your Mom is from Europe or somewhere. " Lena tried to reason.

"It's another fucking planet Lena, not another continent."

" I know but it's still no big deal. "

"How can you say that, have you heard the rumor about Kryptonians they age slower than humans, you, Alex my Dad everyone I love the most, I will spend most of my life without you."

(Y/n) felt the tears fall from her eyes rapidly, Lena quickly pulled her into an embrace.

"It's a curse, Lena, I don't want it."

" Shush it's okay sweetie, I promise you will not be able to get rid of me, we're going to be old ladies together remember our pact. "

Lena smiled at her (Y/n) wished she could feel so sure.

Lena held onto her for long moments not wanting to let her go tucked into the crook of her neck (Y/n) was drawn to the necklace that Lena wore, she'd worn it for a long time but (Y/n) had never really looked at it before.

"Lena."

" Hmm. "

"Your necklace is the same as mine."

" What. "

(Y/n) pushed herself backward and pointed to her necklace and picked hers up. Two blue gems shone back at the other.

"How have we not noticed this before?" Lena asked in shock.

" I don't know maybe we have worn them for so long that we just got used to them, did you ever really take notice of mine? " (Y/n) asked.

"No."

" My mother gave me this how did you get yours? "

Lena moved away from her friend, the memory was hazy and heartbreaking.

"On my fifteenth birthday I met my mother, my birth mother, the only time I ever saw her, my Dad didn't even tell me her name and we only had a few moments together, she gave me the necklace as a gift, Dad told Lillian he bought the necklace as a gift for me."

(Y/n) frowned.

"What are you thinking?"

" I don't know. " Something seems weird.

"Tell me what you are thinking," Lena said suspiciously.

"Our mothers gave us the same necklace, could they have known each other? They were both in Metropolis."

There is only one way to find out (Y/n) let's ask her.

"I told you I don't know how to." ( Y/n) sighed.

"What is the point of being a high powered business woman if you can't use it to your advantage." Lena smiled wickedly.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, trying to keep the smile that was bursting to appear.

xxx

"Are you sure this is where she is." ( Y/n) whispered.